ID old mat logo?

Old October 14th 13, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Jules Richardson[_2_]

Default ID old mat logo?

Just to satisfy my curiosity, can anyone ID this old vehicle logo:

http://www.patooie.com/temp/logo.jpg

I've no idea if it came from a car or truck, or how old it is. Googling
hasn't turned up anything; I suppose it may have been unique to the floor
mats, and not a maker's main logo or anything.

(Sorry for posting in .tech; .vintage seems dead, and web forums drive me
crazy ;-)

thanks!

Jules
Old October 16th 13, 01:26 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_4_]

Jules Richardson > wrote in
:

> Just to satisfy my curiosity, can anyone ID this old vehicle logo:
>
> http://www.patooie.com/temp/logo.jpg
>
> I've no idea if it came from a car or truck, or how old it is.
> Googling hasn't turned up anything; I suppose it may have been unique
> to the floor mats, and not a maker's main logo or anything.

Looks to me like an aftermarket mat and logo.

--
Tegger
Old October 16th 13, 04:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 10/15/2013 08:26 PM, Tegger wrote:
> Jules Richardson > wrote in
> :
>

>> Just to satisfy my curiosity, can anyone ID this old vehicle logo:
>>
>> http://www.patooie.com/temp/logo.jpg
>>
>> I've no idea if it came from a car or truck, or how old it is.
>> Googling hasn't turned up anything; I suppose it may have been unique
>> to the floor mats, and not a maker's main logo or anything.
>>

> Looks to me like an aftermarket mat and logo.

I agree, although I can't be certain of that.

What kind of car was it found in?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Old October 16th 13, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 10:38:29 AM UTC-5, Nate Nagel wrote:
> On 10/15/2013 08:26 PM, Tegger wrote:
>
> > Jules Richardson > wrote in

> > :

> >> Just to satisfy my curiosity, can anyone ID this old vehicle logo:

> >> http://www.patooie.com/temp/logo.jpg

> >> I've no idea if it came from a car or truck, or how old it is.

> >> Googling hasn't turned up anything; I suppose it may have been unique

> >> to the floor mats, and not a maker's main logo or anything.

> > Looks to me like an aftermarket mat and logo.

> I agree, although I can't be certain of that.
>

> What kind of car was it found in?
>

> nate
>

> --
>
> replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
>
> http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Yesterday, I was guessing Pontiac, because of Pontiac's variety of old logos. But now I don't think it is Pontiac. Meself, I would like to know too.
Old October 17th 13, 11:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Jules Richardson[_2_]

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:38:29 -0400, Nate Nagel wrote:
>> Looks to me like an aftermarket mat and logo.

Hmm, bummer - less interesting than it might have been, if so.

> What kind of car was it found in?

It wasn't; I found it at the back of an old shed on our property when we
bought it. It was with an old seat, but there's so little of that left
other than the metal springs/frame and a bit of rotting upholstery that I
doubt anyone could use it for any kind of ID - assuming that they even
came from the same vehicle.

There is the remains of a Packard 110 spread out over the property, but
the floor mat image didn't seem to tie in with that. Every so often I'll
find a piece of a Ford in the woods, too, but I'm not aware of Ford using
that logo for anything (could be wrong, of course!)

cheers

Jules

Old October 18th 13, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Nate Nagel[_2_]

On 10/17/2013 06:11 PM, Jules Richardson wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 11:38:29 -0400, Nate Nagel wrote:
>>> Looks to me like an aftermarket mat and logo.

> Hmm, bummer - less interesting than it might have been, if so.
>
>> What kind of car was it found in?

> It wasn't; I found it at the back of an old shed on our property when we
> bought it. It was with an old seat, but there's so little of that left
> other than the metal springs/frame and a bit of rotting upholstery that I
> doubt anyone could use it for any kind of ID - assuming that they even
> came from the same vehicle.
>
> There is the remains of a Packard 110 spread out over the property, but
> the floor mat image didn't seem to tie in with that. Every so often I'll
> find a piece of a Ford in the woods, too, but I'm not aware of Ford using
> that logo for anything (could be wrong, of course!)

Ah, it looked like it might have been in the trunk of a car in the pic,
is why I asked.

nate

Old October 18th 13, 05:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
JR[_8_]

On Thursday, October 17, 2013 9:15:33 PM UTC-5, Nate Nagel wrote:

> > Hmm, bummer - less interesting than it might have been, if so.

> >> What kind of car was it found in?

> > It wasn't; I found it at the back of an old shed on our property when we

> > bought it. It was with an old seat, but there's so little of that left

> > other than the metal springs/frame and a bit of rotting upholstery that I

> > doubt anyone could use it for any kind of ID - assuming that they even

> > came from the same vehicle.

> > There is the remains of a Packard 110 spread out over the property, but

> > the floor mat image didn't seem to tie in with that. Every so often I'll

> > find a piece of a Ford in the woods, too, but I'm not aware of Ford using

> > that logo for anything (could be wrong, of course!)

> Ah, it looked like it might have been in the trunk of a car in the pic,
>
> is why I asked.
>

> nate
>

> --
>
> replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
>
> http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Send that picture to Jay Leno. Maybe he can find out?

'T' logo on auto [email protected] General 0 November 2nd 07 11:44 AM
when did you last see this logo? rob Auto Photos 13 April 25th 07 11:34 AM
Swastika symbolism http://rexcurry.net/swastika-audi-logo.JPG and Audi logo expose frightening chapters of history and symbology. \Stop the Pledge of Allegiance\ Audi 2 April 5th 07 12:46 AM
Logo Biker VW water cooled 0 July 4th 06 08:00 PM
VW Logo Bill Berckman VW air cooled 0 August 6th 05 09:40 PM