Hawk HPS Pads

Old June 9th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default Hawk HPS Pads

I need new front brake pad/rotors soon, but the rear is ok.
Is it ok to put Hawk HPS pads on the front with OEM pads in the rear? Any
downside to this combination?
Many thanks.

Old June 10th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Personally, I think it's a bad idea unless you are intentionally trying to
tweak with the braking bias front to rear. In that case you might well be
able to accomplish a specific goal for your specific type of driving but
other than that, I'd recommend a matching set front to back or at least very
similar. I thing an aggressive pad in the front with stocks in the rear
could give you a poor f ~ r bias.

Chris
99BBB

t...

Old June 10th 09, 03:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Thanks for your reply. I'll decide between doing all for corners with the
Hawk pads or just replace the front with the OEM stuff.

Old June 13th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

It may seem odd but I'm having better performance with less agressive brake
pads. Maybe it's making up for my personal bad habits but I used to have a
problem with locking up the brakes when I'd go in a bit to fast, too deep
into a corner when autocrossing. I didn't fix this by coming up with a
brilliant idea but because I had to change brake pads on short notice (due
to procrastination :-(). I put on cheepo lifetime Autozone pads and actually
did a track day that very next day! I had no problem with locking up the
brakes. It's not that I can't lock them it's that it takes noticeably higher
pedal pressure. I did not and have not since, had any issue with brake fade
either. No warping of brake rotors if you're wondering either!

I do much better autocrossing with this set up.

Chris
99BBB

"Christopher Muto" > wrote in message
news
> Thanks for your reply. I'll decide between doing all for corners with the
> Hawk pads or just replace the front with the OEM stuff.
>
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote in message
>> Personally, I think it's a bad idea unless you are intentionally trying
>> to tweak with the braking bias front to rear. In that case you might well
>> be able to accomplish a specific goal for your specific type of driving
>> but other than that, I'd recommend a matching set front to back or at
>> least very similar. I thing an aggressive pad in the front with stocks in
>> the rear could give you a poor f ~ r bias.
>>
>> Chris
>> 99BBB
>>
>> "Christopher Muto" > wrote in message
>> t...
>>>I need new front brake pad/rotors soon, but the rear is ok.
>>> Is it ok to put Hawk HPS pads on the front with OEM pads in the rear?
>>> Any downside to this combination?
>>> Many thanks.

Wagner Thermoquiet VS Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads? loadhawg Corvette 1 October 20th 08 03:29 AM
Wagner Thermoquiet VS Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads? loadhawg Technology 1 October 20th 08 03:29 AM
Pads/rotors miker Mazda 11 May 12th 08 03:24 PM
E36 needs new brake pads . . . news[_1_] BMW 42 September 3rd 06 08:17 PM
99 front brake pads replaced, question on old pads Mikepier Ford Explorer 0 February 4th 05 07:07 PM