Greetings RAMVA

Old September 7th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

Default Greetings RAMVA

I recently bought a 65 type 1 in decent condition. It runs pretty good, but
apparently one of the previous owners didn't check the fuel hoses and had a
little weenie roast. I plan on changing all the fuel hoses and putting
clamps on them. Yesterday evening, my son and I took on the first project
to change the shift rod bushing. Thanks to this group and the samba groups,
its going well. I just have to pick up the bushing and retainer to finish
the job. After that, we plan on changing the clutch and accelerator cables.
I will have to replace the drivers side window regulator. How much of a
pain is it to change?

--
Eddie
65 Feuern Sie Käfer

Old September 7th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani

"Eddie" > wrote in message
>I recently bought a 65 type 1 in decent condition. It runs pretty good,
>but
> apparently one of the previous owners didn't check the fuel hoses and had
> little weenie roast. I plan on changing all the fuel hoses and putting
> clamps on them. Yesterday evening, my son and I took on the first project
> to change the shift rod bushing. Thanks to this group and the samba
> groups,
> its going well. I just have to pick up the bushing and retainer to finish
> the job. After that, we plan on changing the clutch and accelerator
> cables.
> I will have to replace the drivers side window regulator. How much of a
> pain is it to change?
>
> --

in addition to this group and thesamba.com you should invest in a repair
manual....bently and haynes are the best(most say in that order, although i
prefer the layout of the haynes) and you should get one..... sometimes
pictures do wonders.... the clutch cable and accellerator cable are a breeze
and doing them at the same time is nice.... window regulator not bad, but
could make you spew cusswords....good luck on your project so far and feel
free to ask any questions you need.....most here are very knowledgeable most
even have digital cameras, which as i said, pictures do wonders...

Old September 7th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Eddie

Thanks for the tip on the manuals. I was gonna pick one up.
I will also take some pictures of our progress.

"Joey Tribiani" > wrote in message

> "Eddie" > wrote in message
>>I recently bought a 65 type 1 in decent condition. It runs pretty good,
>>but
>> apparently one of the previous owners didn't check the fuel hoses and had
>> little weenie roast. I plan on changing all the fuel hoses and putting
>> clamps on them. Yesterday evening, my son and I took on the first
>> project
>> to change the shift rod bushing. Thanks to this group and the samba
>> groups,
>> its going well. I just have to pick up the bushing and retainer to
>> finish
>> the job. After that, we plan on changing the clutch and accelerator
>> cables.
>> I will have to replace the drivers side window regulator. How much of a
>> pain is it to change?
>>
>> --

> in addition to this group and thesamba.com you should invest in a repair
> manual....bently and haynes are the best(most say in that order, although
> i prefer the layout of the haynes) and you should get one..... sometimes
> pictures do wonders.... the clutch cable and accellerator cable are a
> breeze and doing them at the same time is nice.... window regulator not
> bad, but could make you spew cusswords....good luck on your project so far
> and feel free to ask any questions you need.....most here are very
> knowledgeable most even have digital cameras, which as i said, pictures do
> wonders...

RAMVA get together Mike West VW air cooled 7 December 23rd 05 08:17 AM
RAMVA member list Jan VW air cooled 15 April 9th 05 07:48 AM
Ramva Posts Bill B. VW air cooled 15 January 30th 05 11:42 PM
RAMVA New Years Chat Jan Andersson VW air cooled 30 January 3rd 05 02:10 AM