Alfa 164 make me an offer

Old June 24th 04, 09:56 AM
Steve A

Default Alfa 164 make me an offer

I have just brought a 166 and my old 164 TS has to go. It is a J reg
with 6 months MOT left on it. It has 133K on the clock. Is a good
runner for the age but need one or two bit and pieces sorting.

Horn not working - probably fuse
Left front indicator - just a bulb
Superficial dent on passenger door
One exhaust section blowing a little - other one just replaced

It gets me up and down M-Way every week and has all the usual extras,
electric sun roof, electric windows etc.

Ideal for someone who wants a runner or 164 to break for spares. Must
go by then end of July.

Viewable in Midlands or London.
Old June 28th 04, 02:27 PM
Tom Boltwood

> From: Colonel Tupperware >
> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:21:19 +0100
> Subject: Alfa 164 make me an offer
>
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 10:37:40 +0100, Tom Boltwood >
> wrote:
>

>>> From: Colonel Tupperware >
>>> Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
>>> Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:33:55 +0100
>>> Subject: Alfa 164 make me an offer

>>> It would seem that giving them away is the only method of disposing of
>>> these cars.
>>>
>>> Can they really be such a POS that they are worth nothing at all?
>>> Mine seems a decent enough car even if it is Italian. It must be worth
>>> something, but all I get is laughter when offering it for sale.
>>>

>> Most people don't know a good thing when they see it. IME most people are
>> exceptionally thick and generously equipped with a herd mentality.

> I'll go along with this little herd and agree whole heartedly with
> those sentiments.

When I bought my car, I had nothing but stick from my mates for buying an an
unreliable Italian rustbucket. It cost me a tenth of what some of my mates
cars cost them, is faster and better handling than all of them, better
equipped than most of them, doesn't have a spot of rust and hasn't had a
single problem since I bought it two years ago. Yet still they think I'm an
idiot for buying it.

Old June 29th 04, 10:06 PM

Tom Boltwood > wrote in message >...
> > From: Colonel Tupperware >
> > Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> > Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:21:19 +0100
> > Subject: Alfa 164 make me an offer

> >> Most people don't know a good thing when they see it. IME most people are
> >> exceptionally thick and generously equipped with a herd mentality.

> > I'll go along with this little herd and agree whole heartedly with
> > those sentiments.

> When I bought my car, I had nothing but stick from my mates for buying an an
> unreliable Italian rustbucket. It cost me a tenth of what some of my mates
> cars cost them, is faster and better handling than all of them, better
> equipped than most of them, doesn't have a spot of rust and hasn't had a
> single problem since I bought it two years ago. Yet still they think I'm an
> idiot for buying it.

LOTS OF PEOPLE THINK THEY OWN THE BEST CARS ON THE ROAD.
Many have little minds, and couldn't change a fuse, or know when it
had blown. And they buy Corsa's or fiesta's or even Mondeo's which
break back panels and blow around in the wind. I'm sure you have seen
them on the roads.
Just ask them two questions, Who had the first twin cam engine, Alfa
from Italy, Or was it Ford, Rover, Vauxhall, or any other British made
car, and in which year? I think they might be lost for answers.
Whitbread brewery in the UK. used to have a saying on an advert as
follows,
There are those that know's, There are those that don't know's, Then
there are those that think they know's but don't know's.
I think you will find that the people who call Alfa's, Fiat, Lancia,
have never been within two feet of the car they are shouting about,
let alone drive one.
And think, if they spout off maybe people will think they know what
they are talking about, Not me, I'm the brick wall they are talking
to.
John, UK.
Old June 29th 04, 10:56 PM
Steve A

Tom Boltwood > wrote in message >...
> > From: Colonel Tupperware >
> > Newsgroups: alt.autos.alfa-romeo
> > Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:21:19 +0100
> > Subject: Alfa 164 make me an offer

> >> Most people don't know a good thing when they see it. IME most people are
> >> exceptionally thick and generously equipped with a herd mentality.

> > I'll go along with this little herd and agree whole heartedly with
> > those sentiments.

> When I bought my car, I had nothing but stick from my mates for buying an an
> unreliable Italian rustbucket. It cost me a tenth of what some of my mates
> cars cost them, is faster and better handling than all of them, better
> equipped than most of them, doesn't have a spot of rust and hasn't had a
> single problem since I bought it two years ago. Yet still they think I'm an
> idiot for buying it.

Yeap. You made the right choice, they made the wrong one. I bought the
above 164 for £3600 in 1988 from an alfa dealer with a one year
warrantee and have had 6 year great motoring out of it. That is why I
bought a 166 to replace it. Alfa's are the most under rated cars
around. There is not a spot of rust on it and it is 11 years old. By
the way have buyer so end of thread.
Old June 30th 04, 07:35 PM
Colonel Tupperware

On 29 Jun 2004 14:06:12 -0700, wrote:

>There are those that know's, There are those that don't know's, Then
>there are those that think they know's but don't know's.

Indeed.
To which group do you belong?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/word...es/index.shtml

--
ColonelTupperware
spouting ******** on Usenet since 1997

Alfa 155 Manual SteveH Alfa Romeo 10 March 17th 05 07:30 AM
Alfa Speedometer rob Alfa Romeo 1 June 4th 04 09:48 PM
Alfa 164 ABS Warning D & J Merrylees Alfa Romeo 0 May 24th 04 07:37 AM
Light at the end of the tunnel for UK Alfa drivers?? Alfistagj Alfa Romeo 0 May 22nd 04 11:08 AM
Giulietta e Nuova 147 Plug-in Bourne Alfa Romeo 0 May 13th 04 01:16 PM