Side mirror leaking strange liquid "damaging"paint....

Old February 13th 05, 12:31 PM
David Hageman

tech27 wrote:
> Look Dan, this guy is just a troll.
> Why is he posting here. He says he doesn't own a BMW and never would.

His
> big complaint is that the tilting passenger side mirror is a stupid

"gimmic"
> that is totally useless, and will cost big bucks to fix.
> What is the point? Why would someone show up here to complain about 1

BMW
> feature? Does it make BMW a lousy manufacturer? Why would anyone that

has no
> interest in BMW's even care?
> Why would you (or I), bother to post to the SAAB ng about some

insignificant
> feature (like why the ignition is where they decided to put it) if we

don't
> care for or own one?
> I'm just ignoring him from now on.

The fine points you are making IMO gloss-over the fact that the
motorized passenger side mirror that shows you exactly how close you
are to the curb is anything but a stupid gimmic.

I would think a lot of cars are driven by more than 1 person...thus the
need for the option for secondary settings for seat, mirrors and
steering wheel.

David H.

Old February 13th 05, 07:43 PM
Aldo Larrabiata

PLONK

io.net...

Old February 13th 05, 07:47 PM
Aldo Larrabiata

Wanna a lollipop to calm yourself ?

Does your mother knows you use nasty words ?
Better to return in your room to study your lessons for tomorrow.
Don't you have a recitation to learn ?

8

Old February 13th 05, 07:59 PM
tech27

"David Hageman" > wrote in message
oups.com...

> The fine points you are making IMO gloss-over the fact that the
> motorized passenger side mirror that shows you exactly how close you
> are to the curb is anything but a stupid gimmic.
>
> I would think a lot of cars are driven by more than 1 person...thus the
> need for the option for secondary settings for seat, mirrors and
> steering wheel.
>
> David H.

You might have confused me with the idiot known as "thadriver". It was HE
who posted the diatribe about expensive to repair "gimmicks". I completely
agree with you. I find the feature invaluable on my 740, and PRICELESS on my
M5. The pain and expense of stupidly "kerbing" the rims on the M5 is worth
every penny if you can avoid it.

Old February 15th 05, 02:02 AM
tech27

Why the **** are you posting to me when you PROMISED you'd plonk me? Idiot.

Old February 15th 05, 04:17 AM
ThaDriver

**********
Why the **** are you posting to me when you PROMISED you'd plonk me?
Idiot.
"Aldo Larrabiata" > wrote in message
> Wanna a lollipop to calm yourself ?
>
> Does your mother knows you use nasty words ?
> Better to return in your room to study your lessons for tomorrow.
> Don't you have a recitation to learn ?

********
Is ANY of the above aimed at me? If so I made no promises, & don't have a
clue what a "plonk" is...
And....my mother is dead, thank you.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Old February 15th 05, 09:00 PM
Aldo Larrabiata

Sorry!
Wrong maneuver. Still want a candy ?
plonk again and thanks for the clue.

Best regards

PS. did you learn correctly your lessons ?
I'll ask your mom.

Old February 16th 05, 04:53 AM
tech27

Classis idiot troll. He claims to plonk me BUT CONTINUES to respond to my
posts in this thread. THADRIVER does not post here very much at all. A
Google of newsgroups shows that his is a prolific poster to:

rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled - Dec 16 2004, 7:21 am by Joseph
Oberlander - 22 messages - 8 authors

Bondo removal
24 grit on a grinder for the worst/thickest areas, then 80 grit on a
locked-down DA or air buffer. Wear a dusk mask & do it outdoors ...
rec.autos.rod-n-custom -

and also a Chevy ng.

"Aldo Larrabiata" >

on the other hand, posts to numerous ng's including a Windows98 (yup), and
out of about 80 hits I perused, only one was to this ng.

Nuff said.

Attached Images
File Type: gif dot_clear.gif (43 Bytes, 23 views)
Old February 16th 05, 10:15 AM
ThaDriver

Even though it's not directed toward me, I'd still like to know what a
plonk is...
Not that I see where it makes a difference (nor do I care), but I check &
post to several other groups; guess you didn't pick them up. I visit/post
to these groups mostly 'cause I *own* at least one car of each mark, or
work on them frequently (# following = # owned).
I do so on the following at talkaboutautos.com:
Auto Parts Wanted
BMW (this group) (currently 0 - expect this to change *back* very soon -
did have E21)
Chrysler (1)
Corvette (0)
Dodge - Trucks (2)
Fiero (1)
Kit Cars (0)
Nissan Z-Car (2)
Porsche (0)
Rod-n-Custom
Rod-n-Custom 2 (several of my cars are custom)
Subaru (1)
V.W - watercooled (1)
V.W. - aircooled (3)
Volkswagen Beetle (same as above)
& at Yahoo:
cabrioletandcabrio (same as VW watercooled))
BMW_E21_Digest (ditto above)
FIERO (ditto above)
datsun210 (1 - roadracer)
AND....several others that I visit when I have time.
Does this redeem me for having an opinion on the self-misadjusting mirror?
And hey BTW: what happens if you're backing out of a parking spot in a lot?
Does it *still* turn down so that you can't see behind you on that side?
(that would just be wrong! LOL)
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

Old February 16th 05, 03:22 PM
tech27

"ThaDriver" <imangeloneAThotmailDOTcom@> wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...

> And hey BTW: what happens if you're backing out of a parking spot in a
> lot?
> Does it *still* turn down so that you can't see behind you on that side?
> (that would just be wrong! LOL)

You can select it to tilt down or not.