Oil Pump

Old November 4th 04, 05:56 PM
Ste

Default Oil Pump

Wonder if anyone can help. I am looking for an idea of the indicative
cost to have an oil pump and oil seals replaced on an Alfa 156 T-Spark
2.0. The car is a T Reg.

Also if anyone in the North East of England owns an Alfa then I would
advise against taking your car to Benfield Motors in Newcastle for any
repairs or servicing. Given that I have the unpleasant experience of
having my car currently under their care I have found the customer
service offered to be almost non existent. When ringing to enquire
about progress I have never once received a call back, despite
promises, timescales for completion of the work keep slipping, and
when I asked to discuss the matter with the companies Managing
Director I was told in no uncertian terms that this was not possible!!

Just my two penneth worth of complaint!!

Ste
Old November 4th 04, 07:25 PM
Alfistagj

Replacing oilpump??????????????
Somebody is telling you stories.
What's wrong?
They should NEVER fail unless you have a total bearing failure which lead to
a lot of metal debri in the oil damaging the pump internal.

And: which oil seals?

--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Ste" > schreef in bericht
om...

Old November 7th 04, 08:37 PM

(Ste) wrote in message . com>...
> Wonder if anyone can help. I am looking for an idea of the indicative
> cost to have an oil pump and oil seals replaced on an Alfa 156 T-Spark
> 2.0. The car is a T Reg.
>
> Also if anyone in the North East of England owns an Alfa then I would
> advise against taking your car to Benfield Motors in Newcastle for any
> repairs or servicing. Given that I have the unpleasant experience of
> having my car currently under their care I have found the customer
> service offered to be almost non existent. When ringing to enquire
> about progress I have never once received a call back, despite
> promises, timescales for completion of the work keep slipping, and
> when I asked to discuss the matter with the companies Managing
> Director I was told in no uncertian terms that this was not possible!!
>
> Just my two penneth worth of complaint!!
>
> Ste

Hi Steve,
I live in Washington and take my 147 to Lyles on West road N/castle
for all my needs. They imported my car, and another 147 for my brother
in-law into England via Ireland saving me £2600. I have dealt with
Lyles since I owned a 2000GTV [1972 vintage], a 1500Ti Sud [1983], and
a 146 [1995]. They have been selling, servicing, and repairing Alfa
Romeo's for 40 years, and believe me Benfield would love to have half
the knowledge of Lyles. Their labour costs are lower, They have very
helpfull staff, and Ian their service manager is always willing to
give advice and help with anything. Harry the salesman has owned
Alfa's for years too, and used to be chairman of the Northeast section
of the Alfa owners club. Then there is Brian Lyle himself, who is
always willing to stand and talk Alfa Romeo too, I wonder if the head
guy in benfield motors will do that. I think not. Good luck with your
car, might see you riding around sometime, mine is a silver 147 with a
reg, J1 60 JL.-- Birthday present, 60 being my age.
John.