C6 Window Shopping

Old December 26th 04, 07:53 AM
Charlie

Default C6 Window Shopping

I stopped by a local Dealer this evening in Houston while they were closed to see what they had on their showroom floor. They had 9 C6 coupes in black, burnt orange, silver, white and yellow. But the best looking C6 there, was the silver convertible sitting there with the top down. After seeing it in person, I have to believe they designed the C6 to be a convertible. The lines just look so natural and beautiful, it makes the coupe look chopped up.

--
Charlie
!993 Corvette Convertible

Old December 31st 04, 12:35 AM
Dad

"Charlie" > wrote in message
>I stopped by a local Dealer this evening in Houston while they were closed
>to see what they had on their showroom floor. They had 9 C6 coupes in
>black, burnt orange, silver, white and yellow. But the best looking C6
>there, was the silver convertible sitting there with the top down. After
>seeing it in person, I have to believe they designed the C6 to be a
>convertible. The lines just look so natural and beautiful, it makes the
>coupe look chopped up.
>
> --
> Charlie
> !993 Corvette Convertible

Strange isn't it how you look at the coupe as being chopped up and I think
the convertible looks incomplete. I would have a convertible again if I were
cruising around town trying to pickup something I needed to take a shot for,
but at my age it's more fun on the highway looking at this great country.
Hey, you know what? Maybe that's why they make both.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old December 31st 04, 12:35 AM
Dad

Old December 31st 04, 04:11 AM
Charlie

"Dad" > wrote in message

Strange isn't it how you look at the coupe as being chopped up and I think
the convertible looks incomplete. I would have a convertible again if I were
cruising around town trying to pickup something I needed to take a shot for,
but at my age it's more fun on the highway looking at this great country.
Hey, you know what? Maybe that's why they make both.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

I'm happily married and the wife and I wouldn't own anything but a
convertible. The lines on the rear lid look like they were designed for the
convertible is what I was getting at. On the coupe, they look cut off at
the rear window. I like the coupe as well, it's the first one I drove. I
haven't driven the convertible yet. I look forward to it though. That is
most likely the one I would go for, but around here, we can run around with
the top down most the year. Only problem I might run into is that until
now, my wife didn't like driving my Corvette because she couldn't see over
the front end. She drove the C6 and didn't have that problem and she
enjoyed the experience. So we could be fighting over the car or I'd be
stuck with my C4 most the time.

--
Charlie
!993 Corvette Convertible

Old December 31st 04, 01:00 PM
SJH

On 30-Dec-2004, "Dad" > wrote:

> Strange isn't it how you look at the coupe as being chopped up and I think
>
> the convertible looks incomplete. I would have a convertible again if I
> were
> cruising around town trying to pickup something I needed to take a shot
> for,
> but at my age it's more fun on the highway looking at this great country.
> Hey, you know what? Maybe that's why they make both.

You're never to old for "that." I hope!

--
Warmest regards,

SJH
Old December 31st 04, 01:00 PM
SJH

Old December 31st 04, 04:02 PM
Dad

"SJH" > wrote in message
>> I would have a convertible again if I
>> were
>> cruising around town trying to pickup something I needed to take a shot
>> for,
>> but at my age it's more fun on the highway looking at this great country.
>> Hey, you know what? Maybe that's why they make both.

> You're never to old for "that." I hope!
>
> --
> Warmest regards,
>
> SJH

Mom told me when I was real young "Don't pick that up, you don't know where
it has been." Since I didn't always listen to Mom I did learn some things
the hard way but that one stuck. It sure worked in the fall of '56 after I
got my black '57, oh what a night.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51