TIRE TROUBLE ON CHRYSLER 300

Old May 24th 05, 09:42 PM
Pete

Default TIRE TROUBLE ON CHRYSLER 300

LAST JULY (2004) I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 2005 CHRYSLER 300. SINCE THEN I
HAVE PUT ON JUST OVER 14,000 MILES. TODAY I HAD TO PUT 4 BRAND NEW TIES
ON IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE WORN DOWN TO WHERE THEY ARE NOT SAFE. IT WAS AN
EVEN WEAR. I PULLED REGULAR TIRE ROTATION AND ALL. I WAS TOLD BY THE
TIRE DEALERSHIP WHERE I BOUGHT THE NEW TIRES THAT THIS WAS THE 4TH
CHRYSLER 300 TO COME IN THIS WEEK WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. I WAS TOLD IT
COULD BE THE DESIGN OF THE NEW VEHICLE. REMEMBER 2005 (ACTUALLY 2004 WAS
NEW FOR THIS CAR)
DOES ANYONE ELSE OWN SUCH VEHICLE AND HAVE YOU HAD "TIRE TROUBLE"?
THANKS

Old May 25th 05, 12:00 AM
maxpower

"Pete" > wrote in message
> LAST JULY (2004) I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 2005 CHRYSLER 300. SINCE THEN I
> HAVE PUT ON JUST OVER 14,000 MILES. TODAY I HAD TO PUT 4 BRAND NEW TIES
> ON IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE WORN DOWN TO WHERE THEY ARE NOT SAFE. IT WAS AN
> EVEN WEAR. I PULLED REGULAR TIRE ROTATION AND ALL. I WAS TOLD BY THE
> TIRE DEALERSHIP WHERE I BOUGHT THE NEW TIRES THAT THIS WAS THE 4TH
> CHRYSLER 300 TO COME IN THIS WEEK WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. I WAS TOLD IT
> COULD BE THE DESIGN OF THE NEW VEHICLE. REMEMBER 2005 (ACTUALLY 2004 WAS
> NEW FOR THIS CAR)
> DOES ANYONE ELSE OWN SUCH VEHICLE AND HAVE YOU HAD "TIRE TROUBLE"?
> THANKS

Severe out of specs toe could cause this with out a vehicle pull. Did you
notice any severe squealing noise entering and exiting ramps from a
freeway?.
Also keep in mind, if it is a tire defect, That would be a tire warranty
problem and not Chryslers.
Just curious, was this vehicle involved in an accident at one time?

The phone number to Michelin headquarters is 1-800-887-0662 or
1-888-553-4327, Canada 1-888-551-8473, Quebec 1-888-551-7638.

Old May 25th 05, 03:55 AM
mic canic

and i would bet they were continental tires and they are having a issue with
them that they are not telling any one so submit a copy of the bill to
customer service for the price of the tires with a nice letter explainng the
issue and i would bet ya you get a check

Old May 25th 05, 07:41 PM
Dan

On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:55:34 -0400, mic canic > wrote:

>and i would bet they were continental tires and they are having a issue with
>them that they are not telling any one so submit a copy of the bill to
>customer service for the price of the tires with a nice letter explainng the
>issue and i would bet ya you get a check

Do you know the contact information for "customer service" where the
bill can be submitted?

I'm about to buy four new ones, and only have about 20,000 miles on
the originals. Continental is the only tire company that makes the
225/60 18 inch tires for the 300 and the Magnum, so I have to buy
another set of Continentals. They are $150 each, not counting
mount/balance/tax.

I would gladly write Continental a letter, if I thought there was any
chance of getting reimbursed.

These are the same cars which pulled to the right, and DCX told
dealers to adjust the "cradle" and install an improved bolt for one of
the alignment adjustments, but the tire wear seems to be unrelated.
All four tires have worn very evenly, regardless of front/rear
position. They just flat wore out, way too soon.

Dan

Old May 25th 05, 10:37 PM
David

"Dan" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:55:34 -0400, mic canic > wrote:
>
>>and i would bet they were continental tires and they are having a issue
>>with
>>them that they are not telling any one so submit a copy of the bill to
>>customer service for the price of the tires with a nice letter explainng
>>the
>>issue and i would bet ya you get a check
>>

> Do you know the contact information for "customer service" where the
> bill can be submitted?

Yes, it is in your owners manual!

> I'm about to buy four new ones, and only have about 20,000 miles on
> the originals. Continental is the only tire company that makes the
> 225/60 18 inch tires for the 300 and the Magnum, so I have to buy
> another set of Continentals. They are $150 each, not counting
> mount/balance/tax.
>
> I would gladly write Continental a letter, if I thought there was any
> chance of getting reimbursed.
>
> These are the same cars which pulled to the right, and DCX told
> dealers to adjust the "cradle" and install an improved bolt for one of
> the alignment adjustments, but the tire wear seems to be unrelated.
> All four tires have worn very evenly, regardless of front/rear
> position. They just flat wore out, way too soon.

Yes, and it is the tire manufacturers fault, Not DC.

Old May 25th 05, 11:47 PM
Pete

Yes, they are Continental tires and yes I had to get another 4
Continental tires because of the same reason.....because of the size.
AND yes when i first bought the car it pulled to the right and had to
have them adjust it. What they did i don't know but it does go down the
road straight now. I tried calling DC but was told it is the tire
manufactures responsibility.

Old May 26th 05, 06:00 AM
Sarge

"Pete" wrote in message: "Last July (2004) I bought a brand new 2005
Chrysler 300. Since then I have put on just over 14,000 miles. Today I had
to put 4 brand new ties on it because they have worn down to where they are
not safe. It was an even wear. I pulled regular tire rotation and all. I was
told by the tire dealership where I bought the new tires that this was the
4th Chrysler 300 to come in this week with the same problem. I was told it
could be the design of the new vehicle. Remember 2005 (actually 2004 was new
for this car) does anyone else own such vehicle and have you had "tire
trouble"? Thanks?"

Have you ask any other tire dealers if they have an equivalent tire in a
different size? I am referring to plus zero, plus one type replacing. You
may have other options if you look at this.

Sarge

Old June 6th 05, 05:37 PM
tnmagnum

"Pete" wrote:
> LAST JULY (2004) I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 2005 CHRYSLER 300. SINCE
> THEN I
> HAVE PUT ON JUST OVER 14,000 MILES. TODAY I HAD TO PUT 4 BRAND
> NEW TIES
> ON IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE WORN DOWN TO WHERE THEY ARE NOT SAFE.
> IT WAS AN
> EVEN WEAR. I PULLED REGULAR TIRE ROTATION AND ALL. I WAS TOLD
> BY THE
> TIRE DEALERSHIP WHERE I BOUGHT THE NEW TIRES THAT THIS WAS THE
> 4TH
> CHRYSLER 300 TO COME IN THIS WEEK WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. I WAS
> TOLD IT
> COULD BE THE DESIGN OF THE NEW VEHICLE. REMEMBER 2005
> (ACTUALLY 2004 WAS
> NEW FOR THIS CAR)
> DOES ANYONE ELSE OWN SUCH VEHICLE AND HAVE YOU HAD "TIRE
> TROUBLE"?
> THANKS

have you had your 300 aligned? if you have they probably have over
adjusted the toe in due to the right drift which is a problem in the
300 and magnum vehicles. chrysler has issued 4 TSB’s to align the car
but most results i see on other forums is that it does not help. to
make the car drive straight they must over adjust the toe in which
causes excessive wear on the tires. My mechanic at the dealership
told me this.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Chrysler-T...ict121590.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=598255
Old June 6th 05, 10:39 PM
Bill Putney

tnmagnum wrote:

> "Pete" wrote:
> > LAST JULY (2004) I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 2005 CHRYSLER 300. SINCE
> > THEN I
> > HAVE PUT ON JUST OVER 14,000 MILES. TODAY I HAD TO PUT 4 BRAND
> > NEW TIES
> > ON IT BECAUSE THEY HAVE WORN DOWN TO WHERE THEY ARE NOT SAFE.
> > IT WAS AN
> > EVEN WEAR. I PULLED REGULAR TIRE ROTATION AND ALL. I WAS TOLD
> > BY THE
> > TIRE DEALERSHIP WHERE I BOUGHT THE NEW TIRES THAT THIS WAS THE
> > 4TH
> > CHRYSLER 300 TO COME IN THIS WEEK WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. I WAS
> > TOLD IT
> > COULD BE THE DESIGN OF THE NEW VEHICLE. REMEMBER 2005
> > (ACTUALLY 2004 WAS
> > NEW FOR THIS CAR)
> > DOES ANYONE ELSE OWN SUCH VEHICLE AND HAVE YOU HAD "TIRE
> > TROUBLE"?
> > THANKS

> have you had your 300 aligned? if you have they probably have over
> adjusted the toe in due to the right drift which is a problem in the
> 300 and magnum vehicles. chrysler has issued 4 TSB’s to align the car
> but most results i see on other forums is that it does not help. to
> make the car drive straight they must over adjust the toe in which
> causes excessive wear on the tires. My mechanic at the dealership
> told me this.

To make it drive straight? By that, you must mean to make the steering
wheel be straight for straight driving but with a lead (or pull) to one
side. Overcompensating toe is certainly not going to eliminate a lead
(pull) to one side.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')