1988 Audi Quattro 90 -WIndow Issues- NEED HELP

Old August 29th 04, 02:33 AM
tedz

Default 1988 Audi Quattro 90 -WIndow Issues- NEED HELP

I have a 1988 audi quattro and the passenger side window stoped
woprking, so I took out the hole driver side control block from the
driver door, and was messing around trying to see if i could hot wire
it. well, something sparked, and then none of the windows or sunroof
will work. I called an audi repair shop and they told me it should
not be the relay box, but it is the circuit breaker that contols the
windows that is located behind the kick panel that is located by the
hood release. I can't find anything that looks like a circreaker down
there and I am just trying to get a little help if any of you out
there have any ideas, let me know.

THanks, Ted Galazen

Old August 29th 04, 02:58 AM
Tony

If it is like the type 44s (5000s, 100s and 200s) from those years, The problem
is probably in the wire harness that leads to the drivers door switches. Inside
a rubber accordion in the door jam the wires filex and eventually break and
short together.

Open kick panel to relieve tension on the wires and fix the broken ones. Solder
is best with lengthened wires. Best is to get marine wires from a local boat
shop because they have more strands for a given gage of wire and are much less
prone to breakage.

Tony
'91 100q 5spd
BTDT

Old August 29th 04, 02:10 PM
tedz

Yea, I will try to look into that. My Audi is a 1988 quattro 90.
I think I have found one of the relay boxes also though. It is always
really hot, I may try to replace that.
Thanks For the help.
Ted

Snow Chains in Audi A6 Quattro Ascot Audi 13 July 24th 04 05:35 PM
'84 Audi 4000s Quattro brake issues, balancing ItJstAGame Audi 2 July 23rd 04 04:17 AM
2001 Audi TT Quattro FOR SALE Gary Audi 0 June 14th 04 03:46 PM
WTB: Audi TT Quattro Avatar Audi 0 June 7th 04 09:44 PM
Audi 100 quattro temp gauge probs Paul Wickham Audi 1 May 31st 04 04:39 PM