More than three?

Old November 29th 04, 03:12 AM
Kristine Little

Default More than three?

Anyone out there own three or more Miatas in thier lifetime? Just
curious to hear the stories out there. I bought a '93 in '94,
traded it in '98 for a '99 (after adding custom leather! errrrg!)
Have my last,'01, paid off (yes, proud of that) baby in the garage and
that is IT for Miatas... although I'm completly in love with my cutie
pie car.

Take care,

Kris
Old November 29th 04, 07:00 PM
HardwareLust

Kristine Little wrote:
> Anyone out there own three or more Miatas in thier lifetime? Just
> curious to hear the stories out there. I bought a '93 in '94,
> traded it in '98 for a '99 (after adding custom leather! errrrg!)
> Have my last,'01, paid off (yes, proud of that) baby in the garage and
> that is IT for Miatas... although I'm completly in love with my cutie
> pie car.
>
> Take care,
>
> Kris

I've had two, and I'm looking for my third. When the new ones come out
(2006?), #4 will probably be soon after that, depending on how much they
cost.

After three, how can you say 'that is IT'? You just never know. If I ever
find a nice Monster for cheap, me and my check book would be all over that.
Ditto for an inexpensive 2002 Blazing Yellow Mica SE. Either of those would
make me dump my '99 in a second. Heck, three is just getting started now
that I think about it. :-)

Regards,
H.
(who still misses his '91)

Old November 29th 04, 09:14 PM
Tom Howlin

91 Blue, sold at 125,000 in 95, second owner still driving it with
248,000.
92 Red with 130,000 miles, still daily driver.
95 M Edition, blower motor, chassis changes, sold with 60,000 miles.
96 Red, sold at 82,000 miles, second owner still driving with 110,000 miles
If I do the math, I've got 312,000 seat miles in a Miata with not one
single problem, even a small one. Just put my first windshield ever in
one this past week. Best car mechanically and operationally I've ever
owned.
(the 91 and 96 were purchased new, the 92 and 95 were used).

Looking real hard at the MS - Richmond dealer claims to be willing to
sell it for 21,000 and if that's true, may have to take the plunge.

Until they stop making the car, the last one for me hasn't been made yet.

Tom
92 Red

Old November 30th 04, 03:20 AM
Ken Lyons

"Tom Howlin" > wrote
> Looking real hard at the MS - Richmond dealer claims to be willing to
> sell it for 21,000 and if that's true, may have to take the plunge.

Tom - You haven't bought that MS yet? As I posted earlier, a friend in New
Jersey recently bought a Titanium MS based partly on a drive in my '97 on
the Tail of the Dragon and partly on the very good deals being offered right
now. I just wish I was in a position to buy new right now.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old November 30th 04, 06:00 AM
Randy R

"Tom Howlin" > wrote in message

> Looking real hard at the MS - Richmond dealer claims to be willing to
> sell it for 21,000 and if that's true, may have to take the plunge.
>
> Until they stop making the car, the last one for me hasn't been made yet.

I had a '99, but it was an automatic. I traded it in for a 2001 6-speed
after learning how to drive stick and taking a preformance driving course.
Then I fell in love with a 2002 Titanium SE but took a big hit on the
trade-in. Then last week when we brought the Titanium SE in for service we
saw the MSM for 20,500 - which was after rebates so couldn't resist.
I love the extra power of the MSM and somewhat better suspension and with
the trade-in we paid about the same as we did for the 2002 SE.

I plan to pay this one off before maybe buying a 2006 or 2007 if they turn
out as nice as expected.

Randy R

Old December 1st 04, 12:35 AM
Tom Howlin

Ken,

We're still in the process of building our house and so room is limited
and I don't want to park an MS outside during the winter months. Plus,
my wife has a little different idea about money priorities right now
(useless things like furniture and window treatments!). However, she
has agreed to "window shop" at the dealership this weekend so we'll see...

Tom
92 Red

Old December 1st 04, 03:24 AM
The Millers

Depending on a number of factors, like how big the house is, how many
windows, your wife's ability to vaporize cash on things like window
treatments... You might want to get that car under your belt BEFORE the
decorators show up!

I waited 15 years for a used Miata and 5 of those were after closing on our
current house and watching my wife decorate for all 5 of them. Non-stop.
When all is said and done, those window treatments can run in the thou$and$.

I'm glad I bought the new exhaust system for my '96 when I did -- she just
contacted to have the basement done. It's never going to end!!!

Old December 3rd 04, 02:33 AM
Ken Lyons

"The Millers" > wrote
> I'm glad I bought the new exhaust system for my '96 when I did -- she just
> contacted to have the basement done. It's never going to end!!!

I've diverted my last three bonuses at work from KONIs for my '97 to more
mundane family matters, such as fixing my daughter's Chrysler Concorde
(RIP), new tires for the OTM Subie and then finally purchasing a used Toyota
for daughter. I am 'way overdue.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway
[Remove the first two digits to reply]