GTR - Definitive US Release?

Old January 30th 05, 06:23 PM
Darus

Default GTR - Definitive US Release?

Perhaps it's just me, but does it seem difficult to nail down a release
date for the US for GTR?

I just checked the SimBin forums and can't seem to find anything
regarding the US release, or if there is one. I have heard "rumors"
that Atari will market the sim, but no press release or even an
announcement from SimBin. I also heard a "late Q1" release, meaning
March/April.

It seems odd to me that the software is complete, but the marketing
outside Germany is poorly conceived. As well as SimBin advanced with
this porject, they seem to have dropped the ball as far as actually
selling its product.

I'd like to get the sim, even if it's a German version with English
patches applied, but if a US release is scheduled for late Feb. or
early March, I'll hold off and wait for a fully English version.

Old January 30th 05, 07:11 PM
Doug Hook

Think of the German release as a wide scale beta test that they are making
money from. Then they fix the remaining bugs , incorporate the fixes into
the USA release and release a patch for the German version.
oups.com...

Old January 30th 05, 08:15 PM
Darus

I've got no problem with that idea, if that is the case. Business wise,
it makes sense. Unfortunately, there is no indication that is the case.

Old January 30th 05, 08:50 PM
Michael Ziegler

Doug Hook schrieb:
> Think of the German release as a wide scale beta test that they are making
> money from. Then they fix the remaining bugs , incorporate the fixes into
> the USA release and release a patch for the German version.
> "Darus" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>Perhaps it's just me, but does it seem difficult to nail down a release
>>date for the US for GTR?
>>
>>I just checked the SimBin forums and can't seem to find anything
>>regarding the US release, or if there is one. I have heard "rumors"
>>that Atari will market the sim, but no press release or even an
>>announcement from SimBin. I also heard a "late Q1" release, meaning
>>March/April.
>>
>>It seems odd to me that the software is complete, but the marketing
>>outside Germany is poorly conceived. As well as SimBin advanced with
>>this porject, they seem to have dropped the ball as far as actually
>>selling its product.
>>
>>I'd like to get the sim, even if it's a German version with English
>>patches applied, but if a US release is scheduled for late Feb. or
>>early March, I'll hold off and wait for a fully English version.

Hi

GTR has still some bugs. Stuttering issues even on high end PC s, online
problems etc.
I think, Simbin is working hard for the next patch.

Michael
Old January 31st 05, 03:46 PM

Darus wrote:
> Perhaps it's just me, but does it seem difficult to nail down a

release
> date for the US for GTR?
>
> I just checked the SimBin forums and can't seem to find anything
> regarding the US release, or if there is one. I have heard "rumors"
> that Atari will market the sim, but no press release or even an
> announcement from SimBin. I also heard a "late Q1" release, meaning
> March/April.
>
> It seems odd to me that the software is complete, but the marketing
> outside Germany is poorly conceived. As well as SimBin advanced with
> this porject, they seem to have dropped the ball as far as actually
> selling its product.
>
> I'd like to get the sim, even if it's a German version with English
> patches applied, but if a US release is scheduled for late Feb. or
> early March, I'll hold off and wait for a fully English version.

I feel the same way. If any version of GTR were available in stores
here in the US today, I'd definitely buy it - even knowing of the bugs
(I don't actually believe the current release of GTR is any more buggy
than most current retail games). But I'm not going to jump through
hoops to order it online from an international distributor. By the
time GTR is available here, I'm guessing that rFactor will also be
available, and I will probably buy it instead of GTR, as it runs on a
newer version of the ISI engine (I'm more impressed with the rFactor
demo than the GTR demo).

-Pat

Old February 1st 05, 06:40 PM
F50 GT

The following two sites have it:

http://shop.game.net/

http://www.sendit.com/

Sendit's price is 9 UK pounds less than GAME. Release is listed as Feb 25.

F50 GT

Old February 1st 05, 10:22 PM
Pete Panaia

Any of you guys in the United States ever order from SENDIT.COM?

Did you have any problems with them?

I was just about to pull the trigger on an order for GTR. Then I thought I
should ask these questions first?

Thanks,

- Pete

Old February 2nd 05, 02:49 AM
Marc Collins

I ordered RBR from Sendit and was very pleased with the price/speed/service
to Canada. Since no North American dealer seems to have heard of this, let
alone has a date on it, I just pre-ordered my GTR from them yesterday.

Marc