Radio

Old May 4th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Radio

I need instructions for installing a stock radio in a 1990 Plymouth
Sundance. On my first try it seemed as though the entire dashboard must
be removed. Help would be appreciated.

Arnold

Old May 4th 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

adoom wrote:
> I need instructions for installing a stock radio in a 1990 Plymouth
> Sundance. On my first try it seemed as though the entire dashboard must
> be removed. Help would be appreciated.
>
> Arnold

On most Chrysler products of that era, just the panel around the radio
needs to be removed. It is removed by gently pulling around the edges
until the snaps pop out. Once it is loose, the ash try lamp will need
to be removed from it's holder on the bottom of the panel. I am not
sure if the Sundance has one or not.

Once the panel is removed, there will be two hex screws that hold the
radio in. Does your Sundance already have a radio installed? I believe
that even base models at least came with the AM/FM Stereo radio.

If you are installing a stock radio, you will just need to connect the
black and grey connectors to the back, the antenna, and the ground
strap.

-KM

Old May 4th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

KM
Thanks for the help. I was afraid to pry on the plastic panel around
the radio and heater. I will give it a try ever so gentle.I let you
know.

Arnold

Old May 5th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

ATTN: KM

It worked, just as you said. Problem is the replacement radio won't
turn on either. Must be something in the wiring. Fuse is good. Any
helpful tips trying to trace the wires?

Arnold

Old May 5th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

adoom wrote:
> ATTN: KM
>
> It worked, just as you said. Problem is the replacement radio won't
> turn on either. Must be something in the wiring. Fuse is good. Any
> helpful tips trying to trace the wires?
>
> Arnold

I am afraid that I can't help much there. A wiring diagram would
probably be best if you can find one for that model. Should be included
in the factory service manual. As a start, you might check the harness
connectors to ensure that they are making good contact.

Is the LED clock on the radio face displaying? If not, neither power
conductor to the radio is getter power.

-KM

'98 F-150 radio plug wire colors? Steve Technology 1 March 5th 06 03:10 PM
'06 Mustang Colors, Part II Ken Zwyers Ford Mustang 37 February 11th 06 04:45 AM
Audi Radio: Delta CC in 96 Audi Cab doesn't turn on...... [email protected] Audi 4 March 19th 05 01:28 PM
2004 TJ Radio Removal? Intergate Jeep 2 February 10th 05 01:52 AM
On-board Radio Diagnostic Oppie Saturn 0 August 23rd 04 02:39 AM