sunroof drains

Old August 15th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
RAYMOND DAVIEAU

Default sunroof drains

Last year my sunroof on my 01 SC1 leaked. The dealer said the drains were
clogged and allowed it to leak. After they cleaned drains and dried the
headliner it was all set. They said to have it serviced every year. I
can't even see any drains around the sunroof at all. Where are they and how
do they service them?

Old August 15th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
BläBlä[_2_]

In article <jE7Eg.14295$X77.14138@trndny08>,
says...
> Last year my sunroof on my 01 SC1 leaked. The dealer said the drains were
> clogged and allowed it to leak. After they cleaned drains and dried the
> headliner it was all set. They said to have it serviced every year. I
> can't even see any drains around the sunroof at all. Where are they and how
> do they service them?

I'll try to discribe this the best I can. The track that the sun roof
runs back and forth on has a gutter under it to catch the water. This
pretty much runs all the way out to the corners of your headliner then
the water is channeled into tubes which run down your pillars. They then
travel down and drain out near your wheels. Do you need to service it
every year? Um no unless you park under trees and leave it open or you
dont shut all the way.
If you keep it closed most of the time its very hard for anything big
enough to clog it to get in there unless you have a gap. I've had 2
Pontiacs with sunroofs and the current one, 8 years old, has had no
issues what so ever. The first one had a few issues but not clog issues.
(disconnected tube and a pinched tube) Both would get covered with
petals in the spring and leaves in the fall.
Old September 3rd 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
AUTOBODYSHOPOWNER

the drains are on the corners of the sunroof frame. you must drop the
headliner to see them. they are attached by plastic snaps(ties). it is
common for the snaps to either break or come loose over time and the drain
tubes will separate causing water to leak into your vehicle. the rear drain
tubes are routed through your innner qtr panels and the front tubes go
through the front windshield pillars.

733I sunroof liner removal carl mciver BMW 0 November 24th 05 12:11 AM
Cleaning sunroof drains Rick BMW 1 July 9th 05 10:27 AM
05 300C Sunroof Problem ben829 Chrysler 7 May 28th 05 03:21 PM
199x Ford Explorer of maybe 200x Sunroof drains??? Mastermech Ford Explorer 3 April 20th 05 08:35 PM
93 SL2 Sunroof Problems and Leaks Xtione Saturn 0 October 4th 04 06:14 PM