69 Engine VIN # help

Old August 21st 04, 10:18 PM
Mike Bradford

Default 69 Engine VIN # help

Where exactly are the VIN numbers located on the engine for a 69 350
small block corvette? Can they be viewed without removing any engine
parts? I don't know if I have the original engine. Any help will be
appreciated.
Old August 22nd 04, 12:42 AM
Tedd Riggs

Mike,
The VIN should be easy to find.What about on the registration or title ?

The serial number [Vehicle Identification Number -- VIN] was stamped on a
plate on the inner vertical surface of the left windshield pillar visible
through the windshield.

Convertible Serial numbers ranged from 194689S100001 to 194679S138762
Coupe Serial numbers ranged from 194379S100001 to 194379S138762

The engine serial number should start with 0001001, 8th digit is F or T
(Flint, MI or Tonawanda, NY)
9th and 10th number tells you the engine, transmission etc if the 9th letter
is "H" then its a 350, if "L" then its a 427.

Below is the breakdown for the 350's:

HY = 350-cid 300-hp V-8 with 10.0:1 compression ratio, manual transmission,
and four-barrel carburetor
HZ = 350-cid 300-hp V-8 with 10.0:1 compression ratio, Turbo Hydra-Matic
(THM) automatic transmission, and four-barrel carburetor
HW = 350-cid 350-hp V-8 with 11.0:1 compression ratio, manual transmission,
and four-barrel carburetor
HX = 350-cid 350-hp V-8 with 11.0:1 compression ratio, manual transmission,
and four-barrel carburetor

Corvette engines have the last six digits of the VIN stamped on the block
next to the engine number.

Hope this helps !
Tedd

Tedd Riggs
Redmond, WA
1998 C5 6 spd

"Mike Bradford" > wrote in message
m...
> Where exactly are the VIN numbers located on the engine for a 69 350
> small block corvette? Can they be viewed without removing any engine
> parts? I don't know if I have the original engine. Any help will be
> appreciated.

1991 750IL - Check Engine & Transmission Program megrp BMW 0 December 15th 04 05:33 AM
protect your car's engine Waltervw Audi 3 November 30th 04 02:53 AM
protect your car's engine Waltervw BMW 1 November 24th 04 05:14 PM
protect your car's engine Waltervw Alfa Romeo 0 November 23rd 04 04:00 PM
1990 520i engine probs Work Hard BMW 3 October 28th 04 05:01 PM