FWD Buick 3800 and Chevy 2.8.. same bellhousing?

Old June 13th 05, 03:20 AM

Default FWD Buick 3800 and Chevy 2.8.. same bellhousing?

Hello, just wondering who can confirm or deny that these would be the
same. Having googled through the NG, some people say yes some say no.

I've got an 88 Park Avenue that the damned 440T4 gave up on. There's a
low-mile 440T4 for sale close to me, but it was from a 2.8 application.
Any ideas as to whether or not it'll fit?

thanks!

Old June 13th 05, 03:45 AM
Steve W.

Nope. 2.8 has a different pattern than the 3800

--
Steve

oups.com...

Old June 13th 05, 06:27 PM

I'm sorry...I should have responded more clearly at first.
The 2.8 and the 3800 are entirely different blocks and the bellhousings are
not interchangeable.

There are lots of transmissions out there that will fit your car,and I might
suggest you search
www.car-part.com

I have mentioned the 440T4 a number of times on this website, and some of
the variants had their
weak points. Some tended to have short service lives, less than 100,000
miles, or maybe a little more. When rebuilt with the appropriate parts
upgrades, they worked out pretty well.

A proper rebuild should be available for a little over a thousand US.