aircraft type replacement sun visor for 91 Mazda Miata?

Old August 17th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.aviation.owning
Marc CYBW

Default aircraft type replacement sun visor for 91 Mazda Miata?

I just bought a very nice 1991 Miata and am very pleased with it with once
exception. The sun visor.

Does anyone know if a tinted plastic visor similar to those found in Cessna
172S aircraft are available? I spent 30 minutes in various on-line catalogs
and found nothing.

Thanks,

Marc

Old August 17th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.aviation.owning
Ron Natalie

Marc CYBW wrote:
> I just bought a very nice 1991 Miata and am very pleased with it with once
> exception. The sun visor.
>
> Does anyone know if a tinted plastic visor similar to those found in Cessna
> 172S aircraft are available? I spent 30 minutes in various on-line catalogs
> and found nothing.

Rosen Visors is the big maker of aftermarket aviation sun visors.
Since my plane didn't come with visors, we discussed with them which
of their versions would be best fit to my plane.

You might try them.

www.rosenvisors.com
Old August 17th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.aviation.owning
BCRandy

I just removed mine and filled the opening with visor plugs
which are made for that purpose. The plugs are available
from a number of aftermarket suppliers. I use the satin
finished black ones and they blend in enough that I don't
notice them.

Randy

"Marc CYBW" > wrote
in message news:Y6%Eg.8842$Nz6.7453@edtnps82...

Old August 17th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,rec.aviation.owning
XS11E[_1_]

"BCRandy" > wrote in
:

> I just removed mine and filled the opening with visor plugs
> which are made for that purpose. The plugs are available
> from a number of aftermarket suppliers. I use the satin
> finished black ones and they blend in enough that I don't
> notice them.

I had the folding visors on my 1992 and found a pair of non-folding
ones on Ebay for a few bucks. They seem to work much better and they
fit fine.

As far as I can see, the only reason for the folding visors was to
allow access to the top latches but with the non-folding type it's not
a problem to just move the visor out of the way...