Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

Old August 15th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

Default Looking for 79 CJ-5 original soft top Hardware

Does anyone know where I would have a good chance of finding the
original top hardware (including door hardware) for a 79 CJ-5? I found
a brand new top (from 79!) but all I have is aftermarket BestTop
hardware. Thanks for any help. BTW, I'm in Los Angeles, so something
out this way would be best --but given the apparent rarity of this
item, I can't be too choosy.

Old August 15th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeeper

www.colinsbrosjeep.com

--

ps.com...

Old August 15th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

Scotty's in Fontana is a Jeep Junk Yard. They are just outside of the
speedway, across the train tracks along the back straight. I'm not sure, but
the street to get there from the freeway is Cherry.

ps.com...

Old August 15th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeeper

www.collinsbrosjeep.com sorry

Old August 16th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

'Whitco' made the old ones Bill. They no longer exist. That's what I
have.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old August 16th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

And mine, too. Just something in the post lead me to believe the
poster thought it was the Bestop he had.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old August 16th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeff Strickland[_1_]

He found an original top, he currently has a BesTop.

Old August 16th 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Thank you.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old August 18th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Lee Ayrton[_1_]

Either way, the "OEM Style" hardware and fabric are interchangeable.

http://www.billhughes.com/

--

This website supports what I thought would be true, So It Must Be
(tm).” David Winsemius willingly creates an anti-motto at room

Unusual ATF Change on 1999 528i (re post) [email protected] BMW 0 August 4th 06 07:44 PM
97 wrangler soft top... Cal Jeep 2 June 19th 06 05:09 PM
AWA [OFFER] Original Sensors [email protected] General 0 January 17th 06 10:54 PM
AWA [OFFER] Original Sensors [email protected] General 0 January 17th 06 10:53 PM
What to do with the soft top hardware when reinstalling the hard top? [email protected] Jeep 5 April 19th 05 04:22 PM