2001 C5 fuel Guage

Old July 29th 06, 06:24 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
yar

Default 2001 C5 fuel Guage

Hi

My fuel gauge has`started to play up, it will at times tell me I am about to
run out of fuel, but in fact I have half a tank.

I live in the UK so any hints to what the problem is would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old July 29th 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"yar" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> My fuel gauge has`started to play up, it will at times tell me I am about to
> run out of fuel, but in fact I have half a tank.
>
> I live in the UK so any hints to what the problem is would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

I found that if I never "packed" the tank it worked correctly. Never try to fill
it to the brim, let the auto cut off be the maximum amount you put in at fill
up.

Headed your way in a couple of weeks, what is you fuel costs at today?

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old July 29th 06, 07:24 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
yar

$3.70 a litre Not cheap here

.. .

Old July 29th 06, 08:38 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
BottleBob

yar wrote:

> $3.70 a litre Not cheap here

Yar:

Have you made a mistake? Isn't there like 3.7854 liters per U.S.
gallon?

That would make the price of gas something like $14.19 per gallon.
That can't be right, can it?

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
Old July 29th 06, 08:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
yar

Yes sorry I am tierd its half that, still a lot more than you guys pay.

Old July 29th 06, 10:27 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
[email protected]

I had the same problem w/ my '01 Z06 until I started using Chevron
gasoline w/ Techron. Got that tip from Corvette Forum. Basically, the
Techron cleaner reduced the amount of crap from the gas that made the
gas gauge stick.

Hope this helps!
Matt

Old July 29th 06, 10:41 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob I

Current prices by location
http://petrolprices.com/

Old August 1st 06, 02:25 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Billie

Matt's suggestion of adding a bottle of Techron is how many of us
handle the problem you describe. Unfortunatly, I don't believe you can
get ahold of Techron over there in the UK.

That being the case, I would recommend experimenting with various fuel
system cleaners until the problem is solved.
Old August 1st 06, 04:28 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
'Key

"Billie" > wrote in message

> Matt's suggestion of adding a bottle of Techron is how
> many of us
> handle the problem you describe. Unfortunatly, I don't
> believe you can
> get ahold of Techron over there in the UK.
>
> That being the case, I would recommend experimenting with
> various fuel
> system cleaners until the problem is solved.

maybe they have in the UK ?
http://www.eliteone.com/lucas/fuel.htm

my2˘
--