Searching in Mass.

Old January 27th 05, 08:37 AM
NoteHead

Default Searching in Mass.

Hello, I am currently looking to buy my first Miata and I live in
Massachusetts. I was wondering if anyone in the area is selling a 90-94
5 speed Miata? If so, please email me with info at
Thank You

P.S.-Yes, I've checked autotrader, various other online car searches
and local want ads.

Old January 27th 05, 01:22 PM
Leon van Dommelen

"NoteHead" > wrote:

>Hello, I am currently looking to buy my first Miata and I live in
>Massachusetts. I was wondering if anyone in the area is selling a 90-94
>5 speed Miata? If so, please email me with info at
>Thank You
>
>P.S.-Yes, I've checked autotrader, various other online car searches
>and local want ads.

How about miata.net?

Leon

http://www.dommelen.net/miata
EXIT THE INTERSTATES (Jamie Jensen)
Old January 27th 05, 06:20 PM
NoteHead

Yes, I've tryed the miata forum, the miata classifieds, mx6.com,
forums.probetalk.com, 3si.org, superhonda.com, rx7club.com and many
others.

Old January 27th 05, 11:41 PM
Anthony

Miatas are fuel effecient. Buy the car out of state, buy a one-way
plane ticket out there and drive it home. Should give you plenty of
time alone with the car to get to know her.

~Anthony

Old January 28th 05, 02:05 AM
Leon van Dommelen

"NoteHead" > wrote:

>I wish I had the $$$. You see, in massachusetts, if you buy a car out
>of state, instead of paying the regular 5% sales tax, they bump it up
>to 12.5%. I guess alot of people were going out of state to buy new
>cars, and this is their way of trying to prevent it.

I am pretty sure that is illegal. They tried to pull the same joke
in Florida, and the federal judge set them straight pretty good.
An illegal restriction on Interstate commerce.

Leon

Old January 28th 05, 02:36 AM
Anthony

NoteHead wrote:
> I wish I had the $$$. You see, in massachusetts, if you buy a car out
> of state, instead of paying the regular 5% sales tax, they bump it up
> to 12.5%. I guess alot of people were going out of state to buy new
> cars, and this is their way of trying to prevent it. If I could

afford
> to pay the extra sales tax AND a plane ticket, I would, but, I can't.

That sounds very fishy to me too....but you're buying a car from a
private selller if you buy it used (from a person, not a dealer). You
can buy it out of state within a private transaction and drive it home.
There will probably be some fees for YOUR state, but they can't
increase them as far as I know.

~Anthony

Old January 28th 05, 06:15 AM
NoteHead

All I know is my uncle whos a mechanic and owns houses in both MA and
NH tells me this is true. He says MA is the only state where this
happens (another reason why I want to move far far away). Hey, they
dont call it taxachusetts for nothing.

Old January 29th 05, 02:06 AM
Anthony

Hahaha....good point. I must remember that when I fly out of state to
get mine.
Maybe I won't wear any underwear just to **** off the TSA.

~Anthony

Old January 29th 05, 04:20 AM
NoteHead

Ok, I found the answer: http://www.mass.gov/rmv/regs/index.htm

I asked the same question on forum.miata.net and the 12.5% myth is just
that...a MYTH. I'm glad I won't be paying an extra 7.5%!