2004 Honda Odyssey with stuck transmission! Help!

Old December 31st 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Paul[_9_]

Default 2004 Honda Odyssey with stuck transmission! Help!

I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey with 36,000 miles on it. The vehicle
currently drives and shifts fine. The only problem is the gear
selection lever will not move past D. In other words I can only put
it in D. Not D3, 2, or 1. I am aware of the safety recall and the
inspection of 2nd gear, that was taken care of. All other maintenance
including the 30,000 mile has been done at the dealer. The vehicle is
still under warranty so I will be calling the dealer tomorrow, but I
was just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems? What
might cause this and what the solution is? Any info would be great!!!

Also, the tranny fluid was changed at the 30,000 mile mark. And with
only 6,000 miles on it now, it seems very brown and burnt suggesting
excessive heat. Any thoughts on this???

Thank you.
Old December 31st 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Art[_1_]

Was the right fluid used for the change?

Old December 31st 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Paul[_9_]

On Dec 31, 10:09 am, "Art" > wrote:
> Was the right fluid used for the change?
>
> "Paul" > wrote in message

> >I have a 2004 Honda Odyssey with 36,000 miles on it. The vehicle
> > currently drives and shifts fine. The only problem is the gear
> > selection lever will not move past D. In other words I can only put
> > it in D. Not D3, 2, or 1. I am aware of the safety recall and the
> > inspection of 2nd gear, that was taken care of. All other maintenance
> > including the 30,000 mile has been done at the dealer. The vehicle is
> > still under warranty so I will be calling the dealer tomorrow, but I
> > was just wondering if anyone else has had similar problems? What
> > might cause this and what the solution is? Any info would be great!!!

> > Also, the tranny fluid was changed at the 30,000 mile mark. And with
> > only 6,000 miles on it now, it seems very brown and burnt suggesting
> > excessive heat. Any thoughts on this???

> > Thank you.

Yes. It was done at a Honda dealership. I was charged for Honda
Genuine ATF on the bill.

Odyssey Transmission JWF1602 Honda 2 January 9th 07 01:54 AM
2004 honda odyssey FairyT Honda 4 July 13th 05 06:40 PM
Honda Odyssey Minivan transmission total failure (lockup) while driving on the highway qdn Honda 9 March 23rd 05 12:17 AM
Odyssey transmission troubles? Glenn Holliday Honda 12 March 20th 05 10:48 PM