Breakdown cover

Old June 17th 04, 07:22 AM
NC

Default Breakdown cover

All,
Just bought first Alfa - 1999(t) 1.8 TS Lusso.
I am sorting things like insurance and breakdown cover. For the latter,
can any recommend either of the main 3 - RAC, AA, GreenFlag ?? Are any
better with Alfas than the others ?? Greenflag is the cheapest so the
obvious choice, but cheap aint always best.....
Old June 17th 04, 01:52 PM
Pete

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:22:44 +0100, NC >, wrote:

>All,
>Just bought first Alfa - 1999(t) 1.8 TS Lusso.
>I am sorting things like insurance and breakdown cover. For the latter,
>can any recommend either of the main 3 - RAC, AA, GreenFlag ?? Are any
>better with Alfas than the others ?? Greenflag is the cheapest so the
>obvious choice, but cheap aint always best.....

Congratulations.
I used National Breakdown / Green Flag for years and on four occasions
that I needed them they were great. Plus I liked the fact that the car was
covered and not the driver, so who ever was driving it didn't matter.

When I bought my Alfa it came with 3 years AA free, so I cancelled my
GreenFlag cover. I have never needed to test the AA response <G>
One could infer that as all Alfa's come with AA cover, they should know how
to fix one. On the other hand...... <LOL>

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old June 18th 04, 09:33 AM
NC

Pete wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:22:44 +0100, NC >, wrote:
>

>>All,
>>Just bought first Alfa - 1999(t) 1.8 TS Lusso.
>>I am sorting things like insurance and breakdown cover. For the latter,
>>can any recommend either of the main 3 - RAC, AA, GreenFlag ?? Are any
>>better with Alfas than the others ?? Greenflag is the cheapest so the
>>obvious choice, but cheap aint always best.....

> Congratulations.
> I used National Breakdown / Green Flag for years and on four occasions
> that I needed them they were great. Plus I liked the fact that the car was
> covered and not the driver, so who ever was driving it didn't matter.
>
> When I bought my Alfa it came with 3 years AA free, so I cancelled my
> GreenFlag cover. I have never needed to test the AA response <G>
> One could infer that as all Alfa's come with AA cover, they should know how
> to fix one. On the other hand...... <LOL>
>
> Pete

Thanks. Heard good things about GreenFlag and they are the cheapest.
Looks like they'll be getting my cash.
On another note - I have found insurance unbelievable ! Used
confused.com to get quotes - cheapets is Admiral with £600, but the most
expensive is £1700 !! The range is crazy! Tries Chris Knott too, best
they could do it £800..
Old June 18th 04, 02:12 PM
Catman

NC wrote:

> Pete wrote:
>> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:22:44 +0100, NC >, wrote:
>>

>>>All,
>>>Just bought first Alfa - 1999(t) 1.8 TS Lusso.
>>>I am sorting things like insurance and breakdown cover. For the latter,
>>>can any recommend either of the main 3 - RAC, AA, GreenFlag ?? Are any
>>>better with Alfas than the others ?? Greenflag is the cheapest so the
>>>obvious choice, but cheap aint always best.....

>> Congratulations.
>> I used National Breakdown / Green Flag for years and on four occasions
>> that I needed them they were great. Plus I liked the fact that the car
>> was covered and not the driver, so who ever was driving it didn't matter.
>>
>> When I bought my Alfa it came with 3 years AA free, so I cancelled my
>> GreenFlag cover. I have never needed to test the AA response <G>
>> One could infer that as all Alfa's come with AA cover, they should know
>> how to fix one. On the other hand...... <LOL>
>>
>> Pete

> Thanks. Heard good things about GreenFlag and they are the cheapest.
> Looks like they'll be getting my cash.
> On another note - I have found insurance unbelievable ! Used
> confused.com to get quotes - cheapets is Admiral with £600, but the most
> expensive is £1700 !! The range is crazy!

Try it with bikes :}

>Tries Chris Knott too, best
> they could do it £800..

Odd. they will normally beat any other quote for AROC members AIUI
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old June 18th 04, 02:13 PM
Pete

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:33:34 +0100, NC >, wrote:

>On another note - I have found insurance unbelievable ! Used
>confused.com to get quotes - cheapets is Admiral with £600, but the most
>expensive is £1700 !! The range is crazy! Tries Chris Knott too, best
>they could do it £800..

YMMV - age, location, etc., will make a huge difference to mine :-)
£360 fully comp, protected no-claims.

Pete