A4 cabrio vs CLK cabrio (space in the back)

Old July 25th 04, 07:45 PM
Jesper Lauridsen

Default A4 cabrio vs CLK cabrio (space in the back)

We are 3 adults planning a week long car trip in an open car.
The rental agencies are offering a choice of either the A4 or
the CLK. Which of these two offer the most space for the guy
in the back? We're all ~190cm tall, so this is important.

Also, how much luggage space do they have with the top down?
I've found a figure of 390l for the CLK, but surely that's
with the top up.

Old July 25th 04, 11:52 PM
Darwin McCUllough

test drove a clk240 hard top before i bought my a4. i would hazard a guess
that there is *slightly* better rear legroom in the clk but with the a4, a
little compromise on the position of the front seats should leave enough
room for the rear passenger. I'm 6'2 tall and like to drive with my seat
about an inch from the rear-most position.
bear in mind that clk is a 3 door so it might become a pain for the
passengers to clamber in and out unless you do it dukes of hazard style!

-darwin mccullough

Old July 26th 04, 06:26 PM
Nige

"Darwin McCUllough" > wrote in message
> test drove a clk240 hard top before i bought my a4. i would hazard a guess
> that there is *slightly* better rear legroom in the clk but with the a4, a
> little compromise on the position of the front seats should leave enough
> room for the rear passenger. I'm 6'2 tall and like to drive with my seat
> about an inch from the rear-most position.
> bear in mind that clk is a 3 door so it might become a pain for the
> passengers to clamber in and out unless you do it dukes of hazard style!
>
> -darwin mccullough

LOL! My wife's A4 cabrio is a 2 door too!!!

Old July 28th 04, 02:57 AM
Darwin McCUllough

this is what happens when i dont read things properly. d'oh

Old August 4th 04, 02:37 PM
Jesper Lauridsen

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:57:08 +0000 (UTC), "Darwin McCUllough" > wrote:

>this is what happens when i dont read things properly. d'oh

And I posted to the wrong Mercedes group. Anyway, the point is
moot, as the rental place was unable to provide either car.