Use a buck convertor to replace fuel *injectors' resistors, has any1 here succeeded ?

Old October 5th 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
TE Chea

Default Use a buck convertor to replace fuel *injectors' resistors, has any1 here succeeded ?

I tried to use a 3½ amp output capacity buck convertor ( with auto
voltage i.e. self adjusts PWM timing ratios if input voltage
fluctuates e.g. when starter motor cranks engine & battery voltage
drops to 9½v ) & 2 700mAh lithium batteries ( to feed 4v to *
when b-c could not, during engine cranking ) to replace my honda
F20a 's *' resistors. I fitted 2 1¼" Ø inductor rings & 15000µF to
damp b-c's +ve 12-14v input.
This engine could start & run, but [i] the usual open loop ( when
ECU activates * til O2 sensor produces a voltage of 0.65v ) did
not appear [ii] when I step on throttle to accelerate car, ECU
could not activate injectors long enough to inject enough fuel (
this inadequacy was visible on my digital voltmeter which receives
& reports O2 sensor's output ), so acceleration was less than usual.
This ECU ( made by NEC in 1990 ) [i] activates * by connecting *'
-ve ground, [ii] seems cannot function as usual if I draw +ve 12-14
v from cigarette lighter socket, I'll try to draw +ve 12-14v from
ECU & see if ECU can work as usual.

Old November 17th 08, 06:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
TE Chea

If some1 replied during 17th -31st Oct'08, pls repost ; my
ISP 's news server was down & now shows no post in this
period.

Old November 17th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
Kevin

"TE Chea" > wrote in :

> If some1 replied during 17th -31st Oct'08, pls repost ; my
> ISP 's news server was down & now shows no post in this
> period.

go check google to see what you missed. KB

--
THUNDERSNAKE #9

Protect your rights or "Lose" them
The 2nd Admendment guarantees the others
Old November 18th 08, 09:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
TE Chea

| go check google to see what you missed. KB

I'm amazed to see many of my posts to newsgroups listed by
Google, but cannot find any reply to this thread. Does Google
run a newsgroup service like some ISP`s do ?

Old November 19th 08, 08:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
Jasen Betts

On 2008-11-18, TE Chea > wrote:
>| go check google to see what you missed. KB
>
> I'm amazed to see many of my posts to newsgroups listed by
> Google, but cannot find any reply to this thread. Does Google
> run a newsgroup service like some ISP`s do ?

no. their newsgroup service is unique! http://groups.google.com

most users who post through it use it to send spam, so many people
have it filtered. however it's free, easily accessable, and
searchable.

BTW: looks like you got no replies.

what are you hoping to gain by this substitution?

Old November 20th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
TE Chea

| no. their newsgroup service is unique! http://groups.google.com
| most users who post through it use it to send spam, so many people
| have it filtered. however it's free, easily accessable, and
| searchable.
| BTW: looks like you got no replies.
Thanks for reply.

| what are you hoping to gain by this substitution?
I want to see any reply to this thread ( I thought this wish
was obvious ).

Old November 22nd 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
larry moe 'n curly

TE Chea wrote:
[i]
> I tried to use a 3 amp output capacity buck convertor ( with auto
> voltage i.e. self adjusts PWM timing ratios if input voltage
> fluctuates e.g. when starter motor cranks engine & battery voltage
> drops to 9�v ) & 2 700mAh lithium batteries ( to feed 4v to *
> when b-c could not, during engine cranking ) to replace my honda
> F20a 's *' resistors. I fitted 2 1�" � inductor rings & 15000�F to
> damp b-c's +ve 12-14v input.
> This engine could start & run, but [i] the usual open loop ( when
> ECU activates * til O2 sensor produces a voltage of 0.65v ) did
> not appear [ii] when I step on throttle to accelerate car, ECU
> could not activate injectors long enough to inject enough fuel (
> this inadequacy was visible on my digital voltmeter which receives
> & reports O2 sensor's output ), so acceleration was less than usual.
> This ECU ( made by NEC in 1990 ) activates * by connecting *'
> -ve ground, [ii] seems cannot function as usual if I draw +ve 12-14
> v from cigarette lighter socket, I'll try to draw +ve 12-14v from
> ECU & see if ECU can work as usual.

Have you tried the websites of Motorola, On-Semi, ST Microelectronics,
National Semiconductor, and other companies that produce chips for
automotive use? Their applications notes have a great deal of
practical information about driving solenoid valves.
Old November 23rd 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.basics
TE Chea

> I tried to use a 3 amp
Correction : 3½ amp, 42w maximum..

| Have you tried the websites of Motorola, On-Semi, ST Microelectronics,
| National Semiconductor, and other companies that produce chips for
| automotive use?
No

| Their applications notes have a great deal of
| practical information about driving solenoid valves
I'll try to draw 12v from ECU 1st ; my present ISP has server
congestion outside 1-7am.

SM4 has cheapo resistors used to cut voltage to injectors TE Chea Honda 6 September 8th 07 04:17 PM
Replace Injectors--86 528e ff BMW 2 February 5th 07 05:13 AM
Average cost to replace FUEL INJECTORS ?? rcjesse Chrysler 4 July 27th 06 04:34 PM
Remove/replace injectors; now car won't run Francis Rowe VW water cooled 3 September 15th 05 02:04 AM
Replace all injectors Empty3 Corvette 20 November 10th 04 12:28 AM