intercooling Saab C900 1981 8V turbo non-APC car

Old December 3rd 07, 02:44 AM posted to alt.autos.saab,uk.rec.cars.modifications,aus.cars,rec.autos.misc,rec.autos.tech
Saab C900 Viggenist

Default intercooling Saab C900 1981 8V turbo non-APC car

I'm in the process of gathering parts to add a T16 intercooler to my 1981 8V
turbo non-APC car. Currently all I'm needing is the mounting hardware that
secures the intercooler (which I might make up myself), but most importantly
I need longer engine oil cooler hoses so the engine oil cooler can be moved
from the left side over to the right side of the radiator support. The
engine oil cooler needs to be moved since it gets in the way of where the
intercooler will sit.

Does anyone know what the correct length is for those hoses? I would assume
that the intercooled T16 classic 900's were fitted with the engine oil
cooler in the modified location straight from the factory so perhaps the
longer engine oil cooler hoses are around as a new spare part though I'll
check the EPC to make sure.

Otherwise I plan to remove the engine oil cooler hoses off my other turbo 8V
car (a 1983 8V Saab c900) and once I know what length I need, take those hoses to a
place that can custom-make longer engine oil cooler hoses with correct
fittings.

Regards,

Craig.

PS. I posted this at http://www.classicsaab.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=740
if you'd like to read/discuss the issue more in the forums there.

--
Craig's Saab C900 Page at | Craig's Classic Saab Workshop - Sydney .au
http://lios.apana.org.au/~c900 | http://www.classicsaab.net and other URL's