How many fobs for 05 4runner?

Old November 19th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.autos.misc
Ted

Default How many fobs for 05 4runner?

Hello,

I recently bought a 05 SR5 4runner from a private owner. He had the
original window sticker, and it reads "Remote Keyless Entry". He had
3 keys (2 regular and 1 valet w/ the key identification tag) but told
me Toyota only supplies the car with one eletric remote opener (aka
FOB).

Does this seem correct? I would think they'd give you 2 of them.
Also, can I get another one on ebay or similar and then program it to
work, using my existing remote? My 95 explorer did this, but that is
12 year old technology.

Thanks for any help,
Ted
Old November 20th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.autos.misc
Ralf Ballis[_2_]

"Ted" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I recently bought a 05 SR5 4runner from a private owner. He had the
> original window sticker, and it reads "Remote Keyless Entry". He had
> 3 keys (2 regular and 1 valet w/ the key identification tag) but told
> me Toyota only supplies the car with one eletric remote opener (aka
> FOB).

It's very common to supply only one remote unit.

The number of keys appears right.

> Does this seem correct? I would think they'd give you 2 of them.
> Also, can I get another one on ebay or similar and then program it to
> work, using my existing remote? My 95 explorer did this, but that is
> 12 year old technology.

Keep in mind that only a validated remote system works with this unit.

Better ask your dealer.

Regards,

Ralf