Clicking vent

Old September 12th 04, 10:21 AM
Yvan

Default Clicking vent

I have Audi 100 2.3E avant 1999. Recently I can hear a ticking sound
coming from the vent neat the air filter. Ticking is similar to ticking
of hydraulic lifters when they are broken. Hire is a picture of it:

http://solair.eunet.yu/~imperl/_priv...ckingVent.html

It has two rubber hoses connected to it, and electrical connector (when
disconnected, it stops ticking). Electrical connector is represented by
a yellow line on the picture at link above.

Does anyone know what is it for (my friend a "mechanic" says that it
must tick), and how can I fix it so that it stops ticking.

--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
Old September 12th 04, 12:27 PM
Petri Rehtonen

On 2004-09-12, Yvan > wrote:

> Does anyone know what is it for (my friend a "mechanic" says that it
> must tick), and how can I fix it so that it stops ticking.

He is propably right :-) I have also ticking valve in my A4 1.8t and it
is EVAP canister purge valve. If you have same kind of fuel system
than me then the ticking sound tells you that the valve works. You
could try to insulate it in order to quiet down the sound.

--
Petri Rehtonen
Old September 12th 04, 07:29 PM
Jens

"Yvan" > skrev i en meddelelse
> I have Audi 100 2.3E avant 1999. Recently I can hear a ticking sound
> coming from the vent neat the air filter. Ticking is similar to ticking
> of hydraulic lifters when they are broken. Hire is a picture of it:
>
> http://solair.eunet.yu/~imperl/_priv...ckingVent.html
>
> It has two rubber hoses connected to it, and electrical connector (when
> disconnected, it stops ticking). Electrical connector is represented by
> a yellow line on the picture at link above.
>
> Does anyone know what is it for (my friend a "mechanic" says that it
> must tick), and how can I fix it so that it stops ticking.
>

> --
> ___ ____
> /__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **
> / / \/ /\ \ ** http://counter.li.org/ **
> /__/\____/--\__\ ** Reply at: ivica - at - ptt - dot - yu **

Just currious - are you sure it's a 1999 model of Audi 100 - As far as I
know it was superseeded with the A6 (same shape and mechanic in 1995) and
the new A6 in 1997 !

RGds

Jens

Old September 12th 04, 10:52 PM
news.blueyonder.co.uk

it was only on the 2.3 nf. ng engine, it was part of emmision control with
cat, cars , ticking noise is normal, and it is a type 44 and 1989 not 99
hope this helps
www.audicd.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Old September 13th 04, 05:13 PM
Yvan

Nedavno Jens pise:

| Just currious - are you sure it's a 1999 model of Audi 100 - As far as
| I know it was superseeded with the A6 (same shape and mechanic in
| 1995) and the new A6 in 1997 !

Typo. Its Audi 100 1989.

--
___ ____
Old September 13th 04, 05:14 PM
Yvan

Nedavno news.blueyonder.co.uk pise:

| it was only on the 2.3 nf. ng engine, it was part of emmision control
| with cat, cars , ticking noise is normal, and it is a type 44 and 1989
| not 99 hope this helps

You are right, it's 1989, imported to Serbia & Montenegro from
Switzerland. I was hoping I cold make it stop ticking because it sounds
similar to ticking of hydraulic lifters of the exhaust and intake valve.
Oil level was on the minimum, and one of hydraulic lifters was making
ticking sound also. Now after adding some oil to the engine ticking is
gone, but I will probably have to replace them some time soon.

I have another problem. My Audi runs on LPG and standard fuel is used
only while for few minutes after engine starts. After I drove my car
some 200 km on gasoline (not sure if it is related to my problem) I have
problem starting cold engine. It starts, but sometimes stalls, and for
few seconds it does not respond adequately when I press throttle pedal.
Does it have something to do with cold start valve? Anyone knows a link
where I van find more information about that valve?

--
___ ____
Old September 14th 04, 04:00 AM
Mark

Could it be a bad bearing?

--
Mark
Mark's Profile: http://www.automotiveowners.com/member.php?userid=1

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

vent replacement Alan D. Falk Audi 3 August 24th 04 03:46 PM
Vent Visors/sunshades BCLedfoot Audi 0 August 15th 04 05:12 PM