2006 Saturn Preview Now Online

Old March 28th 05, 07:37 AM
CE

Default 2006 Saturn Preview Now Online

Continuous improvement has always been a hallmark of Saturn, and for the
2006 model year things are no different. Automotive News reported earlier
this year that Saturn informed retailers at the North American Dealer
Association's (NADA) annual convention that both the ION and VUE will be
"refreshed" for 2006 to help make them more competitive and appealing. The
move comes as Saturn struggles to keep its Spring Hill plant running, and
retailers battle above average vehicle inventories on their lots. Saturn has
had to shutdown the plant numerous times this year because of the ION and
VUE slow sales. Sources tell SaturnFans.com that the changeover to both '06
models will happen in June, a couple weeks before General Motors' annual
summer shutdown in July. The models will continue to feature their trademark
polymer body-side panels, and will receive Saturn's new "piano black"
stereos. The new radios will feature a front facing auxiliary port that will
allow drivers to plug in portable music devices, such as an iPod.

For a complete look at what's expected, visit SaturnFans.com or click on the
URL below:
http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Future/2006preview.shtml

Enjoy!
Charlie

Old March 28th 05, 12:57 PM
marx404

Wow, what great news for the future of Saturn! Can't wait for pics. Thanx
Charlie.

marx404

Old March 28th 05, 02:37 PM
Ron Herfurth

"CE" > wrote in message
> Continuous improvement has always been a hallmark of Saturn, and for the
> 2006 model year things are no different. Automotive News reported earlier
> this year that Saturn informed retailers at the North American Dealer
> Association's (NADA) annual convention that both the ION and VUE will be
> "refreshed" for 2006 to help make them more competitive and appealing. The
> move comes as Saturn struggles to keep its Spring Hill plant running, and
> retailers battle above average vehicle inventories on their lots. Saturn

has
> had to shutdown the plant numerous times this year because of the ION and
> VUE slow sales. Sources tell SaturnFans.com that the changeover to both

'06
> models will happen in June, a couple weeks before General Motors' annual
> summer shutdown in July. The models will continue to feature their

trademark
> polymer body-side panels, and will receive Saturn's new "piano black"
> stereos. The new radios will feature a front facing auxiliary port that

will
> allow drivers to plug in portable music devices, such as an iPod.
>
> For a complete look at what's expected, visit SaturnFans.com or click on

the
> URL below:
> http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Future/2006preview.shtml
>
> Enjoy!
> Charlie

So is that saying that "piano black" stereos will be the most significant
improvement? They're not getting rid of the little chrome triangles in the
grilles or moving the speedometer back where it belongs? (they could leave
the tach and gauges in the middle for all I care but the speedometer needs
to be back where it's always been).

ron
kind of wishing I'd settled for an 04 large wagon

Old March 29th 05, 12:18 AM
Old time radio fan

Real continuous improvement would be:

Better initial quality.
Improved gas mileage and lower curb weight.
A station wagon version for those who don't need/want a minivan.

Old March 29th 05, 02:09 AM
The Real Tom

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:18:03 GMT, Old time radio fan >
wrote:

>Real continuous improvement would be:
>
>Better initial quality.

Now dreaming.

Old March 29th 05, 02:36 AM
marx404

A station wagon version for those who don't need/want a minivan.

I'll second that. On that note, rumour has it that the '07 Redline ION Coupe
is being mulled over for a redesign as a hatchback sport. Wont know what
they decide on for a while though.

marx404

Old March 29th 05, 04:39 PM
Ron Herfurth

"Old time radio fan" > wrote in message
> Real continuous improvement would be:
>
> Better initial quality.

I thought the 2005 model had noteably better quality than the 2004 (?)

> Improved gas mileage and lower curb weight.

yes. The ION is only about 300 # more than the old S but it seems like the
gas mileage took a big drop.

> A station wagon version for those who don't need/want a minivan.

yes ! Yes !! YES !!! PLEASE don't make me buy a Ford Focus wagon.

ron

Old March 29th 05, 05:23 PM
Ethan

"CE" > wrote in message
> Continuous improvement has always been a hallmark of Saturn

Huh? Is there any manufacturer out there whose vehicles get suckier over
the years? The real question of a car is whether it has kept pace with its
competitors, or, if it hasn't, whether the price reflects it. There used to
be some mid-size GM car that was first produced in 1980 or so and not pulled
from production till the mid-1990s. It was an Olds Cierra or something. By
the 1990s, the technology was outdated, but I think the price reflected
that--it was cheap.

Ethan

Old March 29th 05, 10:01 PM
blah blah

> I thought the 2005 model had noteably better quality than the 2004 (?)

They are, I'm not sure why the previous models are such a big issue with
people.

> > Improved gas mileage and lower curb weight.

> yes. The ION is only about 300 # more than the old S but it seems like the
> gas mileage took a big drop.

Not a huge drop but power and displacement increased. Not a bad trade
off.

> > A station wagon version for those who don't need/want a minivan.

> yes ! Yes !! YES !!! PLEASE don't make me buy a Ford Focus wagon.
>
> ron

Late model S series wagon styling with a 5speed manual and a Ecotec. I
would consider buying one like that.

Old March 30th 05, 04:21 AM
hoosier_drifter

Wish they would just go with being a little "different" again. I'm not
against the engine choices, but some separation from other GM products would
be great. Not looking a thing like other GM products was always a plus in
the original models.
Handling and stability improvements in the ION would be nice as well.

Maybe they should let the Britts design some things for them again.

Why all the cracked heads, oil burning,etc. here? [email protected] Saturn 11 March 28th 05 09:39 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
2005 Saturn Preview CE Saturn 14 June 5th 04 07:59 PM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 06:04 PM