Squeal at start up ?

Old February 27th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Squeal at start up ?

My 90 accord Lets out a nice little squeal every time I start it up, only
squeals for 2 seconds and doesent do it any other times, belt looks pretty
new. just bought the car recently

Old February 27th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Its definetly your motor belt. Any mechanic can do it quick if you dont
think you can. BTW its super simple, there should be a belt diagram on
the radiator support. All you do is loosen the tensioner and take the
old one off. THen follow diagram to re-install the new one. Tighten
tensioner when done.

--
stangbuster
stangbuster's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=439207

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old February 27th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Have you had a little work done recently that involved removing the belts?

Your symptom (little squeal at startup, then quickly goes away) is
consistent with a loose power steering belt or alternator belt, but could be
other things. I would check the belts first. Quite possibly all that is
necessary is to tighten one of them.

www.autozone.com has a free online manual for your car that gives directions
on guesstimating belt tension.

"Pd7704" > wrote

Old March 1st 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 12:55:47 -0500, "Pd7704"
> wrote:

>My 90 accord Lets out a nice little squeal every time I start it up, only
>squeals for 2 seconds and doesent do it any other times, belt looks pretty
>new. just bought the car recently

Do you have air conditioning. If so I would suspect the compressor
clutch. LOOSEN not tighten the belt and see if it helps.
Old March 2nd 06, 10:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

quick is fix is spray a tiny amount of wd-40 type lube on belt.....it
is not recommended but it works. When I say it is not recommending, I
used to work in an auto shop....we wouldnt do that to customers cars
because it can lead to belt slipage however, when any of the mechinacs
had a squaeel they would throug oil on it