Changing wiper blades on new A4?

Old September 30th 04, 09:19 PM
Daz N

Default Changing wiper blades on new A4?

Hi,

I've just been sent a new set of wiper blades from Audi for my 2004 A4
Avant, the rear one fits in seconds but the front ones are different to the
ones already fitted.

The pair on the front of the car are "bendy", they don't have a metal
bracket to hold them stiff. The ones supplied are stiff with a metal
bracket along the back.

Firstly are the supplied ones going to fit and secondly how do I remove the
existing ones?

Thanks in advance

Daz

Old September 30th 04, 10:10 PM
John105

You have been supplied the wrong blades, they are for A4 >03 my,

To remove the existing blades to need to pull the 2" black metal clasp in
the middle to the left, then the blade will lift off the arm, re-fitting is
reversal.

John

Old October 1st 04, 07:57 AM
Daz N

Thanks!

I think I need to pull the black clasp to the right, it's a right hand drive
car so I "think" the wipers go the opposite way?!?!

Cheers

Daz

"John105" > wrote in message
> You have been supplied the wrong blades, they are for A4 >03 my,
>
> To remove the existing blades to need to pull the 2" black metal clasp in
> the middle to the left, then the blade will lift off the arm, re-fitting
> is reversal.
>
> John
>

> "Daz N" <darren(AT)clara.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just been sent a new set of wiper blades from Audi for my 2004 A4
>> Avant, the rear one fits in seconds but the front ones are different to
>> the ones already fitted.
>>
>> The pair on the front of the car are "bendy", they don't have a metal
>> bracket to hold them stiff. The ones supplied are stiff with a metal
>> bracket along the back.
>>
>> Firstly are the supplied ones going to fit and secondly how do I remove
>> the existing ones?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Daz

Wanted! wiper arm for 1997 146 Chris Alfa Romeo 0 October 28th 04 10:08 AM
156 - Windscreen wiper problem Dave Savage Alfa Romeo 1 October 14th 04 09:13 PM
Changing rear light bulb [email protected] Audi 1 September 17th 04 08:29 PM
Wiper spindle Chris Audi 0 May 12th 04 11:20 PM
156 Selespeed 'clunk' changing into 1st gear Mike Alfa Romeo 3 May 8th 04 02:49 PM