Thumping Accord

Old September 20th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nasty

Default Thumping Accord

My 2000 Accord has a rythmic thumping that increases when with speed and
with turning, much worse on a right turn. Tires are good, tire pressure is
good. It seems to come from the left front. I'm told the CV joints are ok,
that it was from scalloped tires from alignment problems.

So I've had a 4 wheel alignment and replaced all 4 tires with 'new' used
tires. Swaping the left front and rear does nothing for the problem.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Thanks.

--
Pull my chain to reply.

Old September 20th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
'Curly Q. Links'

Nasty wrote:

> My 2000 Accord has a rythmic thumping that increases when with speed and
> with turning, much worse on a right turn. Tires are good, tire pressure is
> good. It seems to come from the left front. I'm told the CV joints are ok,
> that it was from scalloped tires from alignment problems.
>
> So I've had a 4 wheel alignment and replaced all 4 tires with 'new' used
> tires. Swaping the left front and rear does nothing for the problem.
>
> Any suggestions on where to go from here?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Pull my chain to reply.

-------------------------------------

Bad front wheel bearings sound much worse when you turn to that side
since the weight of the vehicle shifts.

That's all I can suggest. GOOGLE it?

Try www.tegger.com too.

'Curly'
Old September 20th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Nasty

"'Curly Q. Links'" > wrote in message
> Nasty wrote:
>>
>> My 2000 Accord has a rythmic thumping that increases when with speed and
>> with turning, much worse on a right turn. Tires are good, tire pressure
>> is
>> good. It seems to come from the left front. I'm told the CV joints are
>> ok,
>> that it was from scalloped tires from alignment problems.
>>
>> So I've had a 4 wheel alignment and replaced all 4 tires with 'new' used
>> tires. Swaping the left front and rear does nothing for the problem.
>>
>> Any suggestions on where to go from here?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> Pull my chain to reply.

> -------------------------------------
>
> Bad front wheel bearings sound much worse when you turn to that side
> since the weight of the vehicle shifts.
>
> That's all I can suggest. GOOGLE it?
>
> Try www.tegger.com too.
>
> 'Curly'

Thanks for the reply Curly.

Old September 20th 06, 04:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Matt Ion[_1_]

'Curly Q. Links' wrote:
> Nasty wrote:
>
>>My 2000 Accord has a rythmic thumping that increases when with speed and
>>with turning, much worse on a right turn. Tires are good, tire pressure is
>>good. It seems to come from the left front. I'm told the CV joints are ok,
>>that it was from scalloped tires from alignment problems.
>>
>>So I've had a 4 wheel alignment and replaced all 4 tires with 'new' used
>>tires. Swaping the left front and rear does nothing for the problem.
>>
>>Any suggestions on where to go from here?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>--
>>Pull my chain to reply.

> Bad front wheel bearings sound much worse when you turn to that side
> since the weight of the vehicle shifts.
>
> That's all I can suggest. GOOGLE it?
>
> Try www.tegger.com too.

Bearing would be my first guess too.

Also possibly a loose brake caliper or other loose brake component. Warped
rotor is also a slim possibility, although a rotor that warped would probably
cause much more serious braking problems and you'd be more concerned about those
than about the thumping