Strange Blinker Issue

Old December 15th 04, 12:51 PM
Fred Garvin

Default Strange Blinker Issue

My 2002 TJ is having a strange problem with its blinkers. When ever you
turn on either the left or right blinker, it will blink normally for a few
times, then blink rapidly for a brief moment and then stop. Any
suggestions?

Many thanks!

Old December 15th 04, 02:05 PM
Matt Macchiarolo

Either you have an intermittent ground on your blinker relay, or the relay
itself is bad. I'm not sure where the relay unit is on the '02, on my '00 it
is under the dash just to the right of the steering column.

Old December 15th 04, 10:06 PM
bowgus

Time to replace the blinker fluid ... the #80 is ok for summer use, but as
winter approaches, a multigrade 5W30 is required to ensure that the blinkers
work properly at startup and still provide adequate lubrication once the
blinkers warm up.

ok, and old one :-)

Old December 15th 04, 11:59 PM
Brett Little

umm... what?

Old December 16th 04, 12:18 AM
wkearney99

In the words of Foghorn Leghorn... "it's a joke son!"

and "that boy's about as sharp as a bowlin' ball!"

Old December 16th 04, 01:10 AM
mic canic

check the front marker lite sockets for burn't terminals and also the front
side markers

Old December 16th 04, 04:10 AM
Lon

"That boy's got a mind like a steel trap--fulla dead mice"

wkearney99 proclaimed:

Old December 17th 04, 01:03 AM
Brett Little

Is that hard to get to? As in could it easily be done by myself or is it
something a professional should look at?