2005 Mustang GT prices

Old December 29th 04, 03:16 AM
Neoisthe1

Default 2005 Mustang GT prices

Wow am I bummed out. Went to the local dealer and they want $32K for a
standard deluxe GT. Their $5K mark up includes custom wheels and a window
tint package and they are not dealing. I didn't even look at the prices on the
Roush mustangs. But the funny thing was it looked like the dealer put the
standard factory wheels on the Roush mustangs and the Roush wheels on the
standard mustang so they could charge another $5k on the factory car. Guess
I'll get a Volvo S40 T5 for a lot less, but I really wanted another Mustang
GT - just not with a $5K ADM.
Old December 29th 04, 03:43 AM
WraithCobra

If you really want a new Mustang GT just go to another dealer. Once you have
your new Mustang drive it over to the first dealer and make it known that
they lost a sale beacuse of a BS mark-up.
--
Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Old December 29th 04, 05:16 PM
Neoisthe1

>So you are one of the suckers who fell for Volvo's silly "appeal to
>the youth with another one of our boring cars" ads?????
>-Rich

?? I have owned a number of Mustangs and Volvos over the years, I don't think
any ad will make a difference one way or another. Guess the two other Ford
dealers I have been to since yesterday have really ****ed me off, because they
are all playing the same games with the GT in my neck of the woods, LOL I can
not wait for a new car until spring as mine is DOA and the Volvo dealer is
willing to discount a loaded S40 T5 over $ 5K less than the marked up GT. So
if I can't find a deal on a GT this week, the S40 T5 is the second choice for
me. Lots of safety features, good warranty, 0-60 in 6.1 and 149mph top end,
21 city, 30 hyw - certainly not a GT by any stretch but it flys under the
insurance radar. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted a GT but I'm tired of
playing games with the dealers.
Old December 29th 04, 07:03 PM
Michael Johnson, PE

Neoisthe1 wrote:
>>So you are one of the suckers who fell for Volvo's silly "appeal to
>>the youth with another one of our boring cars" ads?????
>>-Rich

> ?? I have owned a number of Mustangs and Volvos over the years, I don't think
> any ad will make a difference one way or another. Guess the two other Ford
> dealers I have been to since yesterday have really ****ed me off, because they
> are all playing the same games with the GT in my neck of the woods, LOL I can
> not wait for a new car until spring as mine is DOA and the Volvo dealer is
> willing to discount a loaded S40 T5 over $ 5K less than the marked up GT. So
> if I can't find a deal on a GT this week, the S40 T5 is the second choice for
> me. Lots of safety features, good warranty, 0-60 in 6.1 and 149mph top end,
> 21 city, 30 hyw - certainly not a GT by any stretch but it flys under the
> insurance radar. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted a GT but I'm tired of
> playing games with the dealers.

Try finding a good deal on the internet. There are hundreds of Ford
dealers you can haggle with going that route.
Old December 30th 04, 03:24 AM
Musty

"Neoisthe1" > wrote in message
> >So you are one of the suckers who fell for Volvo's silly "appeal to
> >the youth with another one of our boring cars" ads?????
> >-Rich

> ?? I have owned a number of Mustangs and Volvos over the years, I don't

think
> any ad will make a difference one way or another. Guess the two other Ford
> dealers I have been to since yesterday have really ****ed me off, because

they
> are all playing the same games with the GT in my neck of the woods, LOL I

can
> not wait for a new car until spring as mine is DOA and the Volvo dealer is
> willing to discount a loaded S40 T5 over $ 5K less than the marked up GT.

So
> if I can't find a deal on a GT this week, the S40 T5 is the second choice

for
> me. Lots of safety features, good warranty, 0-60 in 6.1 and 149mph top

end,
> 21 city, 30 hyw - certainly not a GT by any stretch but it flys under the
> insurance radar. Sorry for the rant, I just wanted a GT but I'm tired of
> playing games with the dealers.

Have you considered a Pontiac GTO (aka Holden Monaro) ?? They are going for
under 25K now.You can haggle like crazy for these. Or you can wait and pay
the 30K for a 2005 GTO which will have the 400HP LS2. You get IRS and much
better refinement than Mustang.

Musty
2000 GT (Red 5sp)

Old December 29th 04, 05:01 AM
Bill Jones

"Neoisthe1" > wrote in message
> Wow am I bummed out. Went to the local dealer and they want $32K for a
> standard deluxe GT. Their $5K mark up includes custom wheels and a
> window
> tint package and they are not dealing. I didn't even look at the prices
> on the
> Roush mustangs. But the funny thing was it looked like the dealer put the
> standard factory wheels on the Roush mustangs and the Roush wheels on the
> standard mustang so they could charge another $5k on the factory car.
> Guess
> I'll get a Volvo S40 T5 for a lot less, but I really wanted another
> Mustang
> GT - just not with a $5K ADM.

Was $3K mark up at one local dealer for GTs on the lot, and $1500 mark up at
a second dealer. Most dealers are have plenty of V6 models with no mark up,
and according to the Mustang forums, already being discounted...

However, the dealer marking up the GT for $3K is willing to accept MSRP or
lower on an order for a new GT. So I am off tomorrow to see if I can work
out a deal with him and order a Premium GT. Hopefully can have it by the
Spring! It's going to be one long-ass winter.

-Bill J.
95 GT (for only a little while more)

Old December 29th 04, 12:08 PM
yahoo xxxchangeit

was looking at the December production figures in Automotive News.....NO
Crown Vics, Marquis, Town Cars, LSs made....a lot of 500s....a trickle
of Taurus and about 3000 a week Mustangs.

You'd think a Ford dealer would be happy to make a sale - especially
when a lot of Mustang sales could be conquests.

There was another make that had dealers who preferred to sell fewer cars
with bigger mark-ups than go for volume.....Studebaker.

Old December 29th 04, 02:00 PM
Backyard Mechanic

Neoisthe1 opined in :

> Wow am I bummed out. Went to the local dealer and they want $32K for a
> standard deluxe GT. Their $5K mark up includes custom wheels and a
> window tint package and they are not dealing. I didn't even look at the
> prices on the Roush mustangs. But the funny thing was it looked like
> the dealer put the standard factory wheels on the Roush mustangs and the
> Roush wheels on the standard mustang so they could charge another $5k on
> the factory car. Guess I'll get a Volvo S40 T5 for a lot less, but I
> really wanted another Mustang GT - just not with a $5K ADM.

Well, that's cool... looks like you just flunked the "smart and enthusiastic
enough to own a Mustang" test.

Or you're a troll.

Test Mustang 2005 GT 4.6 liters by Richard Hammond (29 MB) Frans Nijhuis Ford Mustang 0 December 24th 04 04:28 PM
2005 Mustang TV Ad GEB Ford Mustang 9 December 13th 04 09:20 PM
Mustang Fever All Over Again Jim S. Ford Mustang 12 December 13th 04 09:11 PM
2005 Butt-Ugly Mustang GEB Ford Mustang 42 November 16th 04 03:21 AM
Yet another 2005 Mustang question Ford Mustang 4 November 15th 04 03:18 AM