Ford hit with $28 million verdict in rollover suit

Old March 5th 05, 06:30 PM
DTJ

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:29:48 -0800, "C.H." >
wrote:

>I think what should happen is that punitive damages should be paid to
>charitable organizations instead of to the plaintiff. Thus the companies
>would still have to pay, the plaintiffs would have less incentive for
>frivolous lawsuits and the charitable organizations could use the money.

How about if you shut the **** up, give your money to charity (read
muslim terrorist support groups), and let the rest of us decide what
we do with ours.
Old March 5th 05, 07:31 PM
C.H.

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:30:23 -0600, DTJ wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 16:29:48 -0800, "C.H." >
> wrote:
>
>>I think what should happen is that punitive damages should be paid to
>>charitable organizations instead of to the plaintiff. Thus the companies
>>would still have to pay, the plaintiffs would have less incentive for
>>frivolous lawsuits and the charitable organizations could use the money.

> How about if you shut the **** up, give your money to charity (read
> muslim terrorist support groups), and let the rest of us decide what
> we do with ours.

How about you read up on the first amendment and get some anger management
classes?

Chris
Old March 5th 05, 08:35 PM
Arif Khokar

Brent P wrote:

> So, what nations require side glass to be laminated like windshields?

The glass for the windows and windshield on my Audi have E-code
markings. I don't know if that standard requires lamination though.
Old March 6th 05, 12:21 AM
C.H.

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:25:41 -0800, Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:30:23 -0600, DTJ > wrote:
>
>>How about if you shut the **** up, give your money to charity (read
>>muslim terrorist support groups), and let the rest of us decide what
>>we do with ours.

> Actually, I like the idea.
>
> Imagine what would happen if all the proceeds from speeding tickets
> went to charity instead of into municipal coffers?

Exactly. And if the ticket quotas were abolished...

Chris
Old March 6th 05, 01:29 AM
Brent P

In article >, Arif Khokar wrote:
> Brent P wrote:
>
>> So, what nations require side glass to be laminated like windshields?

> The glass for the windows and windshield on my Audi have E-code
> markings. I don't know if that standard requires lamination though.

I doubt there is such a requirement anywhere on the planet. If ford had used
laminated side glass there would be a lawsuit from the family of a drunk
who drove his vehicle into lake and drowned. The lawyers would argue if
Ford had used tempered glass that the drunk could have broken a window and
then escaped. That the drunk would be alive with tempered glass. Daniel
would then chime in about how horrible ford is.

Old March 7th 05, 04:25 AM
DTJ

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:25:41 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>>>I think what should happen is that punitive damages should be paid to
>>>charitable organizations instead of to the plaintiff. Thus the companies
>>>would still have to pay, the plaintiffs would have less incentive for
>>>frivolous lawsuits and the charitable organizations could use the money.

>>How about if you shut the **** up, give your money to charity (read
>>muslim terrorist support groups), and let the rest of us decide what
>>we do with ours.

>Actually, I like the idea.
>
>Imagine what would happen if all the proceeds from speeding tickets
>went to charity instead of into municipal coffers?

He said punitive damages, in regards to lawsuits, not speeding
tickets.

I would agree with your point. I would even go for a law that
requires the money to go to the next higher level of government.
Local cops write tickets where the money goes to the county, county to
the state, and state to the feds.
Old March 7th 05, 04:25 AM
DTJ

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:31:17 -0800, "C.H." >
wrote:

>>>I think what should happen is that punitive damages should be paid to
>>>charitable organizations instead of to the plaintiff. Thus the companies
>>>would still have to pay, the plaintiffs would have less incentive for
>>>frivolous lawsuits and the charitable organizations could use the money.

>> How about if you shut the **** up, give your money to charity (read
>> muslim terrorist support groups), and let the rest of us decide what
>> we do with ours.

>How about you read up on the first amendment and get some anger management
>classes?

I wasn't aware that the first amendment gave you the right to steal
from me.
Old March 7th 05, 04:45 AM
Furious George

DTJ wrote:

companies

for

money.

> >>How about if you shut the **** up, give your money to charity (read
> >>muslim terrorist support groups), and let the rest of us decide

what
> >>we do with ours.

> >Actually, I like the idea.
> >
> >Imagine what would happen if all the proceeds from speeding tickets
> >went to charity instead of into municipal coffers?

> He said punitive damages, in regards to lawsuits, not speeding
> tickets.
>
> I would agree with your point. I would even go for a law that
> requires the money to go to the next higher level of government.
> Local cops write tickets where the money goes to the county, county

> the state, and state to the feds.

and federal ticket go to the UN and UN tickets go to the Federation of
Planets.

Old March 7th 05, 09:02 AM
C.H.

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:25:51 -0600, DTJ wrote:

>>> How about if you shut the **** up, give your money to charity (read
>>> muslim terrorist support groups), and let the rest of us decide what
>>> we do with ours.

>>How about you read up on the first amendment and get some anger management
>>classes?

> I wasn't aware that the first amendment gave you the right to steal
> from me.

Why would stopping frivolous lawsuits be stealing, and from you of all
people?

On the contrary, if frivolous lawsuits are eradicated, goods are going to
become cheaper, services are going to be more affordable and we wouldn't
be bombarded with a legion of stupid 'do not light your clothing on fire,
because injury or death may result' stickers.

Chris
Old March 7th 05, 06:18 PM
Larry Bud

> I think what should happen is that punitive damages should be paid to
> charitable organizations instead of to the plaintiff. Thus the

companies
> would still have to pay, the plaintiffs would have less incentive for
> frivolous lawsuits and the charitable organizations could use the

money.

> Also it should be illegal for lawyers to reap a percentage of a

settlement
> like this, they should only be entitled to compensation on a hourly

basis
> (their hourly rates are generous enough), which further would cut

down on
> the number of frivolous lawsuits.
>
> Furthermore they should create a new type of verdict, where the

plaintiff
> is found at fault and gets nothing but the manufacturer still has to

pay
> punitive damages to the charitable organization if there was a defect

in
> his product.

I've been saying this for years!!!