Help with keeping cold air from blowing in the vents-72 super beetle

Old December 14th 04, 01:05 PM
Vanagon Man

Default Help with keeping cold air from blowing in the vents-72 super beetle

Hello,
I am at wits end here. It is pretty cold, my heat works great, my doors
have pretty new seals (still hear a little wind whistling but feel no
drafts) But thru my front fresh air vents when i move along man the cold air
just rips thru em. I rebuilt my fresh air fan box in the summer, and fixed
all the seals in it so that when i close the vent the flats closed
well....The hood has a new seal and seems to close good............

Any ideas of how to block that? Other that stuffing something in the vents.
BTDT! I wish i could just think of a way to figure out HOW the air is
getting in.......what i need to replace, tighten, adjust, etc.

--
Adam P
Charleston,SC Coburn, WV

"Mountaineers are always free"

Old December 15th 04, 01:19 AM
Mark Detro

A guy in our local VW had a sheet magnet (like the removable door signs used on
work trucks etc..) cut to fit over his vent on the hood of his super. Even got
it in pretty much exact color so you don't even notice its there unless your
right up over it.
He did it for noise and wind reasons whe he's running on the highway.
Mark Detro
Englewood, FL

66' panel
71' westy
73' baja
Old December 15th 04, 01:25 AM
jjs

"Mark Detro" > wrote in message
>A guy in our local VW had a sheet magnet (like the removable door signs
>used on
> work trucks etc..) cut to fit over his vent on the hood of his super.

Just stuff a plastic bag down that external hood vent and be happy.

Old December 15th 04, 02:25 AM
Tim Rogers

"jjs" > wrote in message

> Just stuff a plastic bag down that external hood vent and be happy.

.............I like Mark's sheet magnet idea better.

Old December 15th 04, 02:44 AM
Tim Rogers

"Chris Perdue" > wrote in message

> or do as i did on my 74 one cold february day....i had gotten so ****ed at

air
> leaks and water finding its way through the "freshair box" that i took a
> grinder to the vents in the hood, then welded in a patch...kinda sucked

since i
> had to spot paint a brand new paintjob, but no more water/air

problems...<G>

.............I've been getting water behind the dash that has actually
damaged my Blaupunkt Nevada. Recently, I finally figured out that the water
was coming in at the driver's side wiper shaft. Another little project for
this winter will be to re-bush those wiper shafts.

Old December 15th 04, 03:08 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: "Tim Rogers"

>I finally figured out that the water
>was coming in at the driver's side wiper shaft. Another little project for
>this winter will be to re-bush those wiper shafts.

he he....hehehe...you said "bush"....<G>
-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old December 15th 04, 04:01 AM
Hairy

"Chris Perdue" > wrote in message
> >From: "Tim Rogers"

> >I finally figured out that the water
> >was coming in at the driver's side wiper shaft. Another little project

for
> >this winter will be to re-bush those wiper shafts.

> he he....hehehe...you said "bush"....<G>
> -------------------
> Chris Perdue

He also said "shaft". Seems the two go well, together. Politically, as well
as biologically.

Old December 15th 04, 04:52 AM
Chris Perdue

>From: "Hairy"

>He also said "shaft". Seems the two go well, together. Politically, as well
>as biologically.

hehe...
-------------------
Old December 15th 04, 05:05 AM
Tim Rogers

"Chris Perdue" > wrote in message

> he he....hehehe...you said "bush"....<G>

..................I can tell that you've been going without 'any' since the
new family addition.

:-)

Old December 15th 04, 01:52 PM
Juper Wort

"Chris Perdue" > wrote in message
> >From: "Tim Rogers"

> >.................I can tell that you've been going without 'any' since

the
> >new family addition.
> >
> >:-)
> >

> ****....since WAY before the arrival....<G>