Cadillac 501 engine

Old July 17th 05, 06:22 PM
fifty-two

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in news:KSwCe.56289
$iU.54414@lakeread05:

> Excuse me asshole, YOU are the one with the little mister cop
> attitude. A stinking newbie yakking at a longtime regular poster asking
> a question he thinks he can get answered. I'd rather be one that makes
> typos than be a total jackass. You need to go elsewhere.

And, just who died and put YOU in charge of this newsgroup? Elaich is
right. You are a busybody NetKop who jumped into a thread that didn't
concern you, with no useful information to add, and started yelling names
at "stinking newbies" when it was none of your business to begin with!
I've been on Usenet since the late 1980s, but just came into this group.
Does that make me a "stinking newbie" in your exalted opinion? The OP
didn't take offense, so why should you? I think YOU need to go elsewhere.
Either that, or get off the computer. When a person starts policing a
forum, they are taking it way too seriously. Either that, or they're just
a jerk to begin with.

Old July 17th 05, 06:50 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

--
"Network management is like trying to herd cats."
-- Unknown

"I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"
-- TazAmd - Humor Section Gettingtogather.com
Old July 17th 05, 06:51 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

2.3Sleeper wrote:

>>Ah, the lokal Netcop. Been wondering where you were lurking. BTW, I'm the
>>spelling cop. You need a dictionary.
>>
>>"Perhapse?" "awile?"
>>

> lokal??
>
> Heh
>
> Don Manning

He'll probably say he did that to mimic my typos...

Old July 17th 05, 06:54 PM
elaich

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in news:KSwCe.56289
$iU.54414@lakeread05:

> Excuse me asshole, YOU are the one with the little mister cop
> attitude. A stinking newbie yakking at a longtime regular poster asking
> a question he thinks he can get answered. I'd rather be one that makes
> typos than be a total jackass. You need to go elsewhere.

*YAWN*

Bye bye, jerkass.

--
"This space for rent."
Old July 17th 05, 06:56 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

ironrod wrote:
> I probably should have mentioned my post was off topic, but there is
> absolutely no information flow on the Cadillac News group. I was just
> hoping somebody here might be able to help me out. The car is a 1973
> Eldorado BTW.

C'mon, if someone in the Mustang group can't look at that subject
line and see it's OT, then really don't need to be driving. Besides that
anyone that's been here more than 8 months would remember the last time
you posted about it. And yeah, I've been to the Caddi group.
Unfortunately (for you) all of the old Cadillacs we had are gone. I have
been sniffing around in the garage and if I find the Cadillac shop
manuals I had I'll let you know.

Old July 17th 05, 07:16 PM
elaich

"ironrod" > wrote in news:xenCe.433048$cg1.233306
@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> I probably should have mentioned my post was off topic, but there is
> absolutely no information flow on the Cadillac News group. I was just
> hoping somebody here might be able to help me out. The car is a 1973
> Eldorado BTW.

Sorry, my post was mostly tongue-in-cheek. It sounds like some kind of
primitive emissions control to me. I would trace those wires, and see if
they lead to a box that also has vacuum hoses attached. Then again, it just
may be an unusually complicated "hot" warning.

Great source of info for those old cars are the Motor's and/or Chilton's
manuals. Most libraries will have them in the reference section.

--
"This space for rent."
Old July 17th 05, 08:10 PM
WindsorFox[SS]

fifty-two wrote:

> And, just who died and put YOU in charge of this newsgroup?

It was up for grabs when Bill S left, several peopole run it. Why?

> Elaich is right.

No he's not.

> You are a busybody NetKop who jumped into a thread that didn't
> concern you, with no useful information to add,

You apparently can not hold your attention to read long enough to
get a grasp of the thread. Any thread in a public forum concerns anyone
in that forum. The only net cop attitude came from the jackass telling a
regular poster he was in the wrong group, which by the was was zero
useful information, as was your recent useless and incorrect post.

> and started yelling names
> at "stinking newbies" when it was none of your business to begin with!

Then it's none of your business either so STFU. That's about the
stupidest thing I've heard in a while. Defending the OP is none of my
business, but the jackass telling him he's OT while not providing any
useful info either is his business. Either your a sock puppet or another
idiot newb.

> I've been on Usenet since the late 1980s, but just came into this group.
> Does that make me a "stinking newbie" in your exalted opinion?

Yep, in this group it does because you do not know who is who, who
has been here who hasn't, what is generally accepted what is not. If
you've been on Usenet as long as I have then you should certainly know
that you should read a group for a while before making highly critical
posts, your friend did not. After he gets called down and jumps into
defensive mode he offers a general emmissions related answer. Gee thanks.

> The OP didn't take offense, so why should you? I think YOU need to go elsewhere.
> Either that, or get off the computer.

I think not. I've been a member of this group since 14 months after
it was started By Bill S.

> When a person starts policing a
> forum, they are taking it way too seriously. Either that, or they're just
> a jerk to begin with.

I agree. Please see the policing post made by the other guy. There
was no policing in my reply. I replied in defense of the OP when your
lil buddy decided to tell him he was in the wrong group, or did you not
read that part of his post? Or perhapse you just jumped onto the wrong
bandwagon since you're a newb in here and don't know who is who? Great
way to jump into and new group, start calling people net cops and such.
Good start there bub.

Old July 18th 05, 01:54 AM
dwight

"WindsorFox[SS]" > wrote in message
> fifty-two wrote:
>

>> And, just who died and put YOU in charge of this newsgroup?

> It was up for grabs when Bill S left, several peopole run it. Why?

You DO manage to attract all the new spazzes, don't you? Never fails.

Too funny.

)

Old July 19th 05, 04:35 AM
ironrod

I could definitely use them, the only Chilton's manual I've been able to
find reads like a first grade primer. No detail at all, none of the engine
monitoring circuits are shown, no vacuum diagrams, the thing is absolutely
worthless.

Old July 19th 05, 04:35 AM
ironrod

I did some primitive troubleshooting today, and found that they do indeed
appear to be head temperature sensors with a separate warning light than the
water temperature sensor, looks as if both sensors have to close (right &
left heads) before the light/alarm goes off, it also seems that the signal
is wired into the drivers side door switch so that it self tests whenever
you open the door with the ignition on. (You can see why this drives me
crazy.)