98 Grand Caravan- Radiator Fan wiring Disconnected - Is this a safetyproc or ?

Old June 13th 05, 07:00 PM
Mark Lucas

Default 98 Grand Caravan- Radiator Fan wiring Disconnected - Is this a safetyproc or ?

<head>
<title></title>
</head>
HI.<br>
Recently, I discovered that my radiator fans where not kicking in.&nbsp;
Fortunatly,&nbsp; I noticed this prior to having my motor overheat.&nbsp;&nbsp; It
only went outside of normal operating zone once (based on temperature
guage) but it did not reach the Hot mark and did not see steam rising
from mortor or&nbsp; rad cooller.&nbsp; <br>
In poking around under the hood I found an wiring connector that was
not hooked up to anything and nor did I know where to hook it up :-).&nbsp;
The Fan shroud, air clearner and the air cleaner intake make it hard to
see anything. &nbsp; This connector, was partially hidden under the battery
on the drivers side.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br>
I took it into my garage and it turns out that the connector I saw was
what controled the radiator fan.&nbsp;&nbsp; My garage stated that it must of
worked its way loose.&nbsp; <br>
A few months ago, I took it in for servicing and they replaced the hose
from the rad to the transmission.&nbsp; <br>
What I am wondering is:<br>
to come loose as it one of those locking connectors? -- Trying to
figure out is the garaged goofed and is not owning up to it.<br>
2) whether disconnecting the rad fans is a basic safety procedure when
working near the rad<br>
3) Whether there is any risk to engine/tran/ac components&nbsp; even though
my engine only went outside&nbsp; normal op temp once but showned no signs
of overheating?&nbsp; <br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Mark Lucas, Analyst
Student and Enrolment Services
University of Saskatchewan
105 Administration Place
Saskatoon SK S7N 5A2
Phone: (306) 966-6768
Fax: (306) 966-6730
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" </a>

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged information. Please contact me immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communications received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.</pre>
Old June 13th 05, 10:32 PM
cavedweller

Well, there is a truism that wierd problems with mechanical things can
sometimes find their origins in the things last touched.

There is also another truism (mine) that indicates that people who associate
themselves by signature line with an institute of higher learning,
particularly a Canadian university, should take extra pains to pose their
questions on usenet with minimal typos, spelling mistakes, and poor grammar.

"Mark Lucas" > wrote in message
HI.

Recently, I discovered that my radiator fans where not kicking in.
Fortunatly, I noticed this prior to having my motor overheat. It only
went outside of normal operating zone once (based on temperature guage) but
it did not reach the Hot mark and did not see steam rising from mortor or
rad cooller.

In poking around under the hood I found an wiring connector that was not
hooked up to anything and nor did I know where to hook it up :-). The Fan
shroud, air clearner and the air cleaner intake make it hard to see
anything. This connector, was partially hidden under the battery on the
drivers side.

I took it into my garage and it turns out that the connector I saw was what
controled the radiator fan. My garage stated that it must of worked its
way loose.

A few months ago, I took it in for servicing and they replaced the hose from
the rad to the transmission.

What I am wondering is:

1) whether it is truly possible for this type of connector to come loose as
it one of those locking connectors? -- Trying to figure out is the garaged
goofed and is not owning up to it.

2) whether disconnecting the rad fans is a basic safety procedure when
working near the rad

3) Whether there is any risk to engine/tran/ac components even though my
engine only went outside normal op temp once but showned no signs of
overheating?

Old June 13th 05, 11:36 PM
Bill Putney

cavedweller wrote:
> Well, there is a truism that wierd problems with mechanical things can
> sometimes find their origins in the things last touched.
>
> There is also another truism (mine) that indicates that people who associate
> themselves by signature line with an institute of higher learning,
> particularly a Canadian university, should take extra pains to pose their
> questions on usenet with minimal typos, spelling mistakes, and poor grammar.

....and before one criticizes the spelling of others, one should check
one's own spelling. 8^) (hint: check the very first line of your post)

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')
Old June 14th 05, 12:43 AM
maxpower

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> cavedweller wrote:
> > Well, there is a truism that wierd problems with mechanical things can
> > sometimes find their origins in the things last touched.
> >
> > There is also another truism (mine) that indicates that people who

associate
> > themselves by signature line with an institute of higher learning,
> > particularly a Canadian university, should take extra pains to pose

their
> > questions on usenet with minimal typos, spelling mistakes, and poor

grammar.

> ...and before one criticizes the spelling of others, one should check
> one's own spelling. 8^) (hint: check the very first line of your post)
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

And only Bill would point that out

Old June 14th 05, 02:03 AM
cavedweller

What do you expect from a product of a Canadian university? Just as in
Japanese architecture, one defect must be included.............or are you
saying I'm weerd?

Old June 14th 05, 02:04 AM
cavedweller

"maxpower" > wrote in message

> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> > cavedweller wrote:
> > > Well, there is a truism that wierd problems with mechanical things can
> > > sometimes find their origins in the things last touched.
> > >
> > > There is also another truism (mine) that indicates that people who

> associate
> > > themselves by signature line with an institute of higher learning,
> > > particularly a Canadian university, should take extra pains to pose

> their
> > > questions on usenet with minimal typos, spelling mistakes, and poor

> grammar.
> >
> > ...and before one criticizes the spelling of others, one should check
> > one's own spelling. 8^) (hint: check the very first line of your post)
> >
> > Bill Putney
> > (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> > adddress with the letter 'x')

> And only Bill would point that out

He does, because he can.....

Old June 14th 05, 02:06 AM
Matt Whiting

Bill Putney wrote:

> cavedweller wrote:
>
>> Well, there is a truism that wierd problems with mechanical things can
>> sometimes find their origins in the things last touched.
>>
>> There is also another truism (mine) that indicates that people who
>> associate
>> themselves by signature line with an institute of higher learning,
>> particularly a Canadian university, should take extra pains to pose their
>> questions on usenet with minimal typos, spelling mistakes, and poor
>> grammar.

> ...and before one criticizes the spelling of others, one should check
> one's own spelling. 8^) (hint: check the very first line of your post)

Yes, that seems to invariably induce at least one spelling error. :-)

Matt
Old June 14th 05, 02:06 AM
cavedweller

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> cavedweller wrote:
> > Well, there is a truism that wierd problems with mechanical things can
> > sometimes find their origins in the things last touched.
> >
> > There is also another truism (mine) that indicates that people who

associate
> > themselves by signature line with an institute of higher learning,
> > particularly a Canadian university, should take extra pains to pose

their
> > questions on usenet with minimal typos, spelling mistakes, and poor

grammar.

> ...and before one criticizes the spelling of others, one should check
> one's own spelling. 8^) (hint: check the very first line of your post)
>
> Bill Putney
> (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> adddress with the letter 'x')

typo, actually....

Old June 14th 05, 03:11 AM
cavedweller

"Matt Whiting" > wrote in message
> Bill Putney wrote:
>
> > cavedweller wrote:
> >
> >> Well, there is a truism that wierd problems with mechanical things can
> >> sometimes find their origins in the things last touched.
> >>
> >> There is also another truism (mine) that indicates that people who
> >> associate
> >> themselves by signature line with an institute of higher learning,
> >> particularly a Canadian university, should take extra pains to pose

their
> >> questions on usenet with minimal typos, spelling mistakes, and poor
> >> grammar.

> > ...and before one criticizes the spelling of others, one should check
> > one's own spelling. 8^) (hint: check the very first line of your post)

> Yes, that seems to invariably induce at least one spelling error. :-)
>

> Matt

What fun!!

Old June 14th 05, 11:02 AM
Bill Putney

cavedweller wrote:
> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
>
>>cavedweller wrote:
>>
>>>Well, there is a truism that wierd problems with mechanical things can
>>>sometimes find their origins in the things last touched.
>>>
>>>There is also another truism (mine) that indicates that people who

> associate
>
>>>themselves by signature line with an institute of higher learning,
>>>particularly a Canadian university, should take extra pains to pose

> their
>
>>>questions on usenet with minimal typos, spelling mistakes, and poor

> grammar.
>
>>...and before one criticizes the spelling of others, one should check
>>one's own spelling. 8^) (hint: check the very first line of your post)
>>
>>Bill Putney
>>(To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
>>adddress with the letter 'x')

> typo, actually....

Nah - one man's typo is another man's spelling error. 8^)

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Good intrument panel wiring techniques. William Oliveri Jeep 1 March 2nd 05 11:44 PM
Short in wiring harness help?? Mike Muderick Chrysler 2 March 2nd 05 10:16 AM
1995 Honda Passport - Wiring harness - Technical Question ajpdla Honda 0 November 1st 04 04:40 PM
need a wiring diagram Angie Dodge 0 June 17th 04 03:06 PM
CD/Radio wiring experts...help! Warren Saturn 3 May 24th 04 03:12 AM