Bye bye Car CD's

Old April 7th 11, 10:07 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob Urz

Default Bye bye Car CD's

http://www.dealerscope.com/aggregate...ginning-phase-
(remove)
out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_source=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_
continue&utm_campaign=2011-04-07

bob
Old April 8th 11, 01:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"bob urz" > wrote in message
> http://www.dealerscope.com/aggregate...ginning-phase-
> (remove)
> out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_source=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_
> continue&utm_campaign=2011-04-07
>
> bob

Your link, as written, doesnt work.. I suspect that it WILL if people
copy the whole thing, remove (remove).

As far as CD players, it has always been this way from the ****teaux
AM radio, to 8 track, to cassette, to CDs etc.

I have AM,. FM and satellite, plus CD.. that is about all I need.

Old April 8th 11, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

"hls" > wrote in
:

> "bob urz" > wrote in message
>> http://www.dealerscope.com/aggregate...ginning-phase-
>> (remove)
>> out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_so
>> urce=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_
>> continue&utm_campaign=2011-04-07
>>
>> bob

> Your link, as written, doesnt work.. I suspect that it WILL if people
> copy the whole thing, remove (remove).

Or "bob" could some day learn to post unbroken URLs, like so...
<http://www.dealerscope.com/aggregatedcontent/ford-beginning-phase-out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_source=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_continue&utm_campaign= 2011-04-07>

> As far as CD players, it has always been this way from the ****teaux
> AM radio, to 8 track, to cassette, to CDs etc.
>

> I have AM,. FM and satellite, plus CD.. that is about all I need.

As with most of the stuff "bob" posts, this is old news, even if
the article itself is new. Publications sometimes print old or
superfluous items as filler on slow days. I suspect this is
one of them.

The iPod put paid to the CD, and one day something else will cashier
the iPod. And so it goes.

--
Tegger
Old April 8th 11, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 19:38:43 -0500, hls wrote:

> "bob urz" > wrote in message
>> http://www.dealerscope.com/aggregate...ginning-phase-
>> (remove)
>> out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_source=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_
>> continue&utm_campaign=2011-04-07
>>
>> bob

> Your link, as written, doesnt work.. I suspect that it WILL if people copy
> the whole thing, remove (remove).
>
> As far as CD players, it has always been this way from the ****teaux AM
> radio, to 8 track, to cassette, to CDs etc.
>

> I have AM,. FM and satellite, plus CD.. that is about all I need.

Same. Works for me. I have an MP3 player in my phone, but all my cars have
MP3/CD capability, and I have a cable that connects to the input on my
radios. I can plug in the phone or the XM or any other device with a 3.5mm
stereo jack.

Old April 8th 11, 04:31 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bob Urz

On 4/7/2011 8:43 PM, Tegger wrote:
> > wrote in
> :
>

>> "bob > wrote in message
>>> http://www.dealerscope.com/aggregate...ginning-phase-
>>> (remove)
>>> out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_so
>>> urce=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_
>>> continue&utm_campaign=2011-04-07
>>>
>>> bob

>> Your link, as written, doesnt work.. I suspect that it WILL if people
>> copy the whole thing, remove (remove).

> Or "bob" could some day learn to post unbroken URLs, like so...

I would if i could. posting through aioe only allows continuous links
of a fixed amount of characters or it will not let you post if the link
if its too long. It also kicks out as not allowed some URL shortening
links. i only break up the links so it will post at all.

bob
Old April 8th 11, 02:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Pete C.

Tegger wrote:

> "hls" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "bob urz" > wrote in message
> >> http://www.dealerscope.com/aggregate...ginning-phase-
> >> (remove)
> >> out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_so
> >> urce=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_
> >> continue&utm_campaign=2011-04-07
> >>
> >> bob

> > Your link, as written, doesnt work.. I suspect that it WILL if people
> > copy the whole thing, remove (remove).

> Or "bob" could some day learn to post unbroken URLs, like so...
> <http://www.dealerscope.com/aggregatedcontent/ford-beginning-phase-out-in-car-cd-players-us?sponsor=newsletter/12-volt-tech&b=2010#utm_source=12-volt-tech&utm_medium=enewsletter_continue&utm_campaign= 2011-04-07>
>

> > As far as CD players, it has always been this way from the ****teaux
> > AM radio, to 8 track, to cassette, to CDs etc.
> >

> > I have AM,. FM and satellite, plus CD.. that is about all I need.
> >

> As with most of the stuff "bob" posts, this is old news, even if
> the article itself is new. Publications sometimes print old or
> superfluous items as filler on slow days. I suspect this is
> one of them.
>
> The iPod put paid to the CD, and one day something else will cashier
> the iPod. And so it goes.

Don't need no steenkin' iPud, I just plug a 16GB flash drive into my
trucks USB port.
Old April 8th 11, 08:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

My 1983 Dodge van I bought a few years ago has a Pioneer AM/FM/Cassette
radio.I don't listen to radio when I am driving, makes me nervous.I am
thinking I will remove the radio, somebody might want to bust a window
just to steal my radio.In 1997 when I was in New Orleans, somebody did
bust a window in another van I owned and stold my radio in that van.
cuhulin

Old April 9th 11, 03:24 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tegger[_3_]

=?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote
in :

> On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 02:08:29 +0000, Roger Blake wrote:
>
>> On 2011-04-08, Pete C. > wrote:
>>> Don't need no steenkin' iPud, I just plug a 16GB flash drive into my
>>> trucks USB port.

>> I don't need either of those, still use 8-track and cassette tape. (Can
>> play both in the same player with my Audiovox cassette adapter.)

> Aren't the 8 tracks getting awfully hissy after all this time?

We have a Victrola sitting in one half of the back seat. Daughter winds the
crank every few miles to keep it going. This means she's good for more than
just whining about how bored she is.

--
Tegger
Old April 9th 11, 04:13 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

Old April 9th 11, 06:25 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B[_2_]

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 02:24:37 +0000, Tegger wrote:

> =?iso-2022-jp?q?Hachiroku_=1B$B%O%A%m%=2F=1B=28B?= > wrote
> in :

>>> I don't need either of those, still use 8-track and cassette tape. (Can
>>> play both in the same player with my Audiovox cassette adapter.)

>> Aren't the 8 tracks getting awfully hissy after all this time?
>>

> We have a Victrola sitting in one half of the back seat. Daughter winds
> the crank every few miles to keep it going. This means she's good for more
> than just whining about how bored she is.

"Hey, honey, wanna crank up Def Leppard for Daddy?"