The $500 Prius car key....

Old April 7th 11, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Existential Angst[_2_]

Default The $500 Prius car key....

Has this been discussed here?

If we let car companies get away with $500 keys, then we have basically
pulled our pants down to our ankles, lubed ourselves up, painted a bullseye
on our asses, bent over, and are screaming, C'mon, shove it in
deeper/harder....
**** Prius and their car key.

My Honda **** key is $150. I put a dog chain on it, keep it around my
neck, and sleep and shower with it.

We are fukn assholes to tolerate bull**** like this.
The Q is: What to do.
--
EA

Old April 7th 11, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Lil Abner

> Has this been discussed here?
>
> If we let car companies get away with $500 keys, then we have basically
> pulled our pants down to our ankles, lubed ourselves up, painted a bullseye
> on our asses, bent over, and are screaming, C'mon, shove it in
> deeper/harder....
> **** Prius and their car key.
>
> My Honda **** key is $150. I put a dog chain on it, keep it around my
> neck, and sleep and shower with it.
>
> We are fukn assholes to tolerate bull**** like this.
> The Q is: What to do.

270 dollars + the little fasteners +tax +installation for plastic cowl
vents on Ford p/u. Their cost 34.00 or so. Dealer won't cut the Retail.
They don't want to sell them. They want you to buy another car. Each
year the content gets cheaper but cost more.
Old April 7th 11, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

All my vehicles use old fashioned keys.I can get a new one made for less
than two dollars.That's the best kind of keys.
cuhulin

Old April 7th 11, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Reed

<snip>

> The Q is: What to do.

Don't buy a late-model car. They are all about the same because of the
anti-theft features built in to these keys and remotes.

Just wait til you lose your last key and the car has to be towed to
the dealer to have it re-programmed to accept new keys !!

When a Volvo owner did this in North Dakota, and the nearest dealer
was hundreds of miles away, he rented a metal detector and found the
key after about 3 hours of searching.

Old April 7th 11, 07:36 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
richard

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 23:00:42 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 19:08:57 -0400, "Existential Angst"
> > wrote:
>
>>Has this been discussed here?
>>
>>If we let car companies get away with $500 keys, then we have basically
>>pulled our pants down to our ankles, lubed ourselves up, painted a bullseye
>>on our asses, bent over, and are screaming, C'mon, shove it in
>>deeper/harder....
>>**** Prius and their car key.
>>
>>My Honda **** key is $150. I put a dog chain on it, keep it around my
>>neck, and sleep and shower with it.
>>
>>We are fukn assholes to tolerate bull**** like this.
>>The Q is: What to do.

> Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
>
> People complain that their car is too easy to hotwire. So they build
> electronics into the keys. Which of course make the keys more
> expensive.
>
> Which "Honda ****" car do you have that the key is $150? I have a
> newer (2004) Hyundai Sonata, and the key is a regular old key. Made a
> copy at OSH for $1.75.

now I know why you're so ****ed up all the time.
you support korean communism.
I'd buy a toyota or honda before I'd buy a hyundai piece of ****.
Old April 7th 11, 09:34 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
dsi1[_9_]

> Has this been discussed here?
>
> If we let car companies get away with $500 keys, then we have basically
> pulled our pants down to our ankles, lubed ourselves up, painted a bullseye
> on our asses, bent over, and are screaming, C'mon, shove it in
> deeper/harder....
> **** Prius and their car key.
>
> My Honda **** key is $150. I put a dog chain on it, keep it around my
> neck, and sleep and shower with it.
>
> We are fukn assholes to tolerate bull**** like this.
> The Q is: What to do.

A: Stock up on KY?

P.S.: Don't lose that key!
Old April 7th 11, 09:56 AM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
dsi1[_9_]

On 4/6/2011 8:36 PM, richard wrote:
> now I know why you're so ****ed up all the time.
> you support korean communism.
> I'd buy a toyota or honda before I'd buy a hyundai piece of ****.

Sorry to have to inform you that it's South Korea that makes the
Hyundai, not the North. The South Koreans hate commies even more than we
do. Even more strange is that the Sonata is manufactured in North
America, not North Korea. Weirder still is that it's made in Montgomery
Alabama - in the American South but not South America! Now that's what I
call ****ed up! Ahhh just forget it - buy a Chevy instead! :-)
Old April 7th 11, 03:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
hls

> The Q is: What to do.
> --
> EA

I agree.. I dont like it either. We have gadgetry overkill in just about
all newer cars now.

There is nothing really that you can do about it except to write the
manufacturers and let your dissent be heard.

GM never listened in the past. Maybe the survivors have learned
a little.
Old April 7th 11, 04:52 PM posted to rec.autos.tech,rec.autos.driving
Bill[_33_]

"Existential Angst" wrote in message

> ...We are fukn assholes to tolerate bull**** like this.
> The Q is: What to do.

Anymore before buying things, I find out what the parts cost before
buying... Light fixtures (replacement bulbs), vacuum cleaner (bags),
faucet (washers / cartridges), etc.

I just bought a new computer printer. Before buying, I went and looked
at the price of replacement cartridges before buying. Also made sure I
could refill them myself. Then I bought the brand/model which was best
in that area.

Not so easy to do with a car though because there are so many parts.

Old April 7th 11, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Real Good simple cars and trucks like the ones made in the 1960s and
earlier would sell like Hot Cakes nowadays.Who needs all that new
fangled electronic gadgetry anyway? I Don't! When I get in my old van,
all I want to do is drive from Point A to Point B, and or C and D,
depending on whatever erran(s) /shopping I need to do.
cuhulin