Remote key fob - replacement

Old February 9th 05, 09:18 PM
sandiyan

Default Remote key fob - replacement

I've got a Chrysler Neon 2.0 automatic (1996) and live in UK. My
remote key fob has worn out. Its currently sort of usable but the
button area where you'd press to on/off immobiliser has worn out.
Anytime, it'll seize to work!

I tried ringing London Chrysler dealer and they said they've stopped
selling the remote key fob on its own(for this car) and I have to buy
a whole new unit - control unit + remote fob. This will cost around
£150 + VAT and fitting. Total cost could be around £400.00. Chrysler
is ripping people off!!!

For cheaper alternative...

Please can someone suggest or help me to find a replacement and
wondering if anyone knows any web links or places that might do remote
key fobs for me.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sandiyan
Old February 9th 05, 09:33 PM
TNKEV

"sandiyan" > wrote in message
om...
> I've got a Chrysler Neon 2.0 automatic (1996) and live in UK. My
> remote key fob has worn out. Its currently sort of usable but the
> button area where you'd press to on/off immobiliser has worn out.
> Anytime, it'll seize to work!
>
> I tried ringing London Chrysler dealer and they said they've stopped
> selling the remote key fob on its own(for this car) and I have to buy
> a whole new unit - control unit + remote fob. This will cost around
> £150 + VAT and fitting. Total cost could be around £400.00. Chrysler
> is ripping people off!!!
>
> For cheaper alternative...
>
> Please can someone suggest or help me to find a replacement and
> wondering if anyone knows any web links or places that might do remote
> key fobs for me.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Sandiyan

part # 5014736AA $36.30

Old February 9th 05, 10:09 PM
SteveH

sandiyan > wrote:

> I've got a Chrysler Neon 2.0 automatic (1996) and live in UK. My
> remote key fob has worn out. Its currently sort of usable but the
> button area where you'd press to on/off immobiliser has worn out.
> Anytime, it'll seize to work!
>
> I tried ringing London Chrysler dealer and they said they've stopped
> selling the remote key fob on its own(for this car) and I have to buy
> a whole new unit - control unit + remote fob. This will cost around
> £150 + VAT and fitting. Total cost could be around £400.00. Chrysler
> is ripping people off!!!
>
> For cheaper alternative...
>
> Please can someone suggest or help me to find a replacement and
> wondering if anyone knows any web links or places that might do remote
> key fobs for me.

Timpsons can do _most_ keys these days, give them a try first.

(unfortunately, they couldn't sort me with a VAG key)

VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - VW Passat 1.8T 20V SE - COSOC KOTL
Old February 9th 05, 10:34 PM
David

Try another dealer. He ( London Chrysler) probably has a complete kit
sitting there and is trying to get you to buy it. Check Ebay for remotes. I
don't know about Ebay.co.uk, but Ebay.com always has remotes on sale. They
work too! I have gotten two off of there.

om...

Old February 10th 05, 05:22 PM
Hell Toupee

sandiyan wrote:

> I've got a Chrysler Neon 2.0 automatic (1996) and live in UK. My
> remote key fob has worn out. Its currently sort of usable but the
> button area where you'd press to on/off immobiliser has worn out.
> Anytime, it'll seize to work!
>
> I tried ringing London Chrysler dealer and they said they've stopped
> selling the remote key fob on its own(for this car) and I have to buy
> a whole new unit - control unit + remote fob. This will cost around
> £150 + VAT and fitting. Total cost could be around £400.00. Chrysler
> is ripping people off!!!
>
> For cheaper alternative...
>
> Please can someone suggest or help me to find a replacement and
> wondering if anyone knows any web links or places that might do remote
> key fobs for me.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Sandiyan

Try ebay - fobs are auctioned there all the time.
Old February 10th 05, 06:43 PM
TNKEV

> part # 5014736AA $36.30

We have this key fob in stock, there is the part number for your fob if you
want to order it from a dealer in London.

Old February 11th 05, 04:08 PM
Gordon Hudson

"TNKEV" > wrote in message

>> part # 5014736AA $36.30

> We have this key fob in stock, there is the part number for your fob if
> you
> want to order it from a dealer in London.

Is it not known as the "Dodge" neon in the US?

Old February 11th 05, 04:12 PM
TNKEV

"Gordon Hudson" > wrote in message
.. .

> "TNKEV" > wrote in message
> >
> >> part # 5014736AA $36.30

> > We have this key fob in stock, there is the part number for your fob if
> > you
> > want to order it from a dealer in London.

> Is it not known as the "Dodge" neon in the US?

Dodge or Plymouth

Old February 11th 05, 05:42 PM
Joe Pfeiffer

"Gordon Hudson" > writes:

> "TNKEV" > wrote in message
> >
> >> part # 5014736AA $36.30

> > We have this key fob in stock, there is the part number for your fob if
> > you
> > want to order it from a dealer in London.

> Is it not known as the "Dodge" neon in the US?

In 1996, it was sold as either a Plymouth or a Dodge. But what has
that got to do with buying a replacement fob?
Old February 11th 05, 07:30 PM
Gordon Hudson

"Joe Pfeiffer" > wrote in message

>> > We have this key fob in stock, there is the part number for your fob if
>> > you
>> > want to order it from a dealer in London.

>> Is it not known as the "Dodge" neon in the US?

> In 1996, it was sold as either a Plymouth or a Dodge. But what has
> that got to do with buying a replacement fob?

It might affect what you ask for.
I know that I mentione dthe Chrysler Neon to a friend in the US and after
much thought
he said "oh yeah you mean the Dodge".