97 xlt, dome override

Old December 18th 04, 12:43 AM
fog-dog

Default 97 xlt, dome override

Does the 97 xlt have any sort of dome light override button so when you
are camping you can leave the doors open on your car but the lights dont
stay on?
Old December 18th 04, 01:28 AM
Searcher

Nope, We have the same problem. The only solution that I have found is :
Usually, when I am fishing I back up to the lake and sit on our hitch haul.
I listen to the radio quietly, but if I leave the rear window open the light
stays on attracting bugs! So I push on the latch in the door where the
window latch would be if closed. This turns off the lights. Thats about the
only thing I know to do.

Searcher1

Old December 18th 04, 12:49 PM
Vic Klein

Well, not an override button, but on my '97 XLT the interior lights turn
themselves off in about 20 minutes to avoid running the battery down. They
come back on if you open another door for another 20 minutes. Try just
waiting!

=Vic=
Bear Gap, PA

Old December 18th 04, 01:51 PM
Fred W

fog-dog wrote:
> Does the 97 xlt have any sort of dome light override button so when you
> are camping you can leave the doors open on your car but the lights dont
> stay on?

It will time out (and shut itself off) if a door is left open. This is
more of a feature to prevent battery drain than for campers, but you
should be able to make use of it.

-Fred W
Old December 18th 04, 01:52 PM
Fred W

Searcher wrote:
> Nope, We have the same problem. The only solution that I have found is :
> Usually, when I am fishing I back up to the lake and sit on our hitch haul.
> I listen to the radio quietly, but if I leave the rear window open the light
> stays on attracting bugs! So I push on the latch in the door where the
> window latch would be if closed. This turns off the lights. Thats about the
> only thing I know to do.

On a '97? I know that mine times out eventually...

-Fred W
'97 XLT