Hey Mike, snow!

Old January 16th 05, 09:08 PM
Greg

Default Hey Mike, snow!

Well daughter and I went out with our jeeps this morning to test lockers
and snow, we got 4" of heavy wet snow, I went up our little hilly road
sliding back and forth, 2 wheel drive, daughter went up sideways, two wheel
drive. First thing I noticed when out on snow covered roads was what
happened when downshifting, back end all over the place. Anyway we drove
around town for a while then decided to see what it was like on a dirt road
in 4x4, so went up a logging road through a slash only about 2 acres in
size, right in town, but steep. Never had my jeep out in any snow, well
except the 1" of frozen stuff on Boxing day, anyway found that it's
deffinately different from going up on dirt or mud, but up it went, very
steep at end, wouldn't of made it without locker, one thing I noticed when
daughter was coming up was how front end tired both spin on the snow, just
like a locked diff, unlike in mud or sand where one wheel always slips
first. Anyway, it was a new adventure, first jeep outing in snow.

Old January 16th 05, 09:39 PM
Mike Romain

Sounds like fun. Just takes some getting used to eh. I find folks have
to watch the width of the road really carefully when it wants to crab
walk.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old January 16th 05, 10:30 PM
jbjeep

Sounds like a fun adventure for the day! =)

Old January 16th 05, 11:18 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Jennifer.
They need a club to take them on a run, like your last:
http://jbjeep.terahex.com/NYD05/NYD05.html
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Snow plows for small 4x4's? 4x4 7 January 19th 05 09:45 PM
CRV and snow motsco_ _ Honda 1 November 30th 04 06:47 AM
What's the best stock 4x4 system for snow? Christopher Grenness 4x4 29 July 5th 04 03:20 PM
Dual Rear Wheel, 4X4 & Snow Chains OrygunGuy 4x4 0 December 22nd 03 05:05 PM