Question about brake pads

Old January 26th 07, 08:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Question about brake pads

I have a 1997 accord ex (4 cyl). Do i need ceramic pads?

Wajahat

Old January 26th 07, 08:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Tegger

"w" > wrote in :

> I have a 1997 accord ex (4 cyl). Do i need ceramic pads?

No. Unless your car originally came with them. Check your Owner's Manual,
or check with your dealer.

--
Tegger

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/
Old January 26th 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
dstina07

On Jan 26, 2:29 am, "w" > wrote:
> I have a 1997 accord ex (4 cyl). Do i need ceramic pads?
>
> Wajahat

NOPE. CERAMIC PADS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE TOPOF THE LINE, TO RECUDE
SQUEAKING AND LONGER LIFETIME. THE ONLY WAY THAT YOU'LL NEED THEM IS
IF YOUR CAR CAME WITH THEM AND YOU STILL HAVE THE FACTORY ROTORS ON

Old January 26th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Frank Boettcher

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 00:29:31 -0800, "w" > wrote:

>I have a 1997 accord ex (4 cyl). Do i need ceramic pads?
>
>Wajahat

My 97 came with ceramic pads, however I'm not sure all did that year.
I have to say, I'm very happy with them last about 75K miles with low
dusting, no warping or shuddering, no fade.

Frank

Old January 26th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

I could not find out from the manual whether mine came with ceramic pads or
not. My car has just 45k miles on it and this is the first time the front
brakes are being replaced and yes the car has the factory rotors on. So I am
a bit confused whether I need ceramic pads or the regular ones.

Wajahat

Old January 26th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
MT-2500[_159_]

Your parts place or dealer should have a book that tells what the OEM
type pads it came with.
Either way go a good major brand of pads and get the top of the line in
that brand and type of pad.
No el cheapo stuff on them pads.
The life you save may be your own
Good luck

--
MT-2500
MT-2500's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...?userid=382930

http://www.automotiveforums.com

space for new brake pads? mm Chrysler 2 February 20th 06 06:41 PM
brake pads rubbing against disc when brakes are not applied [email protected] Technology 5 August 10th 05 03:43 AM
Brake squeaking, aftermarket pads? Rich Technology 8 June 3rd 05 04:34 AM
help...(brake pads replacement) jimmy nguyen Ford Mustang 2 May 26th 05 11:39 PM
Brake rotors already grooving [email protected] Technology 46 January 15th 05 03:42 PM