Radio code 2002 Accord EX/SE

Old January 18th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BRUCE HASKIN

Default Radio code 2002 Accord EX/SE

I am new to your site, but does anyone know how to reset a unknown radio
code? I bought the car used and it is from a mid-west state (I am in
Washington state) anyhow, wife left an inside light on and ran the
battery down. I have no idea what the radio code was (no info. in the
car) and short of removing the radio, for the S/N, I would like to reset
a code. I don't want to pay a dealer to do this if I can help it !
Thanks in advance for any help.

Bruce in Seattle

Old January 18th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"BRUCE HASKIN" > wrote in message
>I am new to your site, but does anyone know how to reset a unknown radio
> code? I bought the car used and it is from a mid-west state (I am in
> Washington state) anyhow, wife left an inside light on and ran the
> battery down. I have no idea what the radio code was (no info. in the
> car) and short of removing the radio, for the S/N, I would like to reset
> a code. I don't want to pay a dealer to do this if I can help it !
> Thanks in advance for any help.

You will need to pull the radio and have the dealer look up the code form
the serial number. There is no magic reset. If there was, it wouldn't be
much of an anti-theft device, would it?

Old January 18th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BRUCE HASKIN

Thanks for the reply.

Bruce in Seattle

Old January 18th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> I am new to your site, but does anyone know how to reset a unknown radio
> code? I bought the car used and it is from a mid-west state (I am in
> Washington state) anyhow, wife left an inside light on and ran the
> battery down. I have no idea what the radio code was (no info. in the
> car) and short of removing the radio, for the S/N, I would like to reset
> a code. I don't want to pay a dealer to do this if I can help it !
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Bruce in Seattle

=======================================

The radio will tell you it's serial number: Read through the PDI for
Pilot, or was it Odyssey? http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/
Look at this too: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/misc/x98-026e.pdf

'Curly'
Old January 18th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BRUCE HASKIN

Thanks Curly, It looks like all I need to do is take the car to the
dealer and let them look up the Vin # to see what the original factory
code was and punch that in.

Thanks again, Bruce

Old January 19th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
M.Paul

Good luck. The dealership where I bought my 99 accord did not have any
record of my radio's code when I needed it. If you have the serial number
of the radio then they should definitely be able to get the code for you.
Look in/on the glovebox and ashtray for a label that often indicates the
factory radio serial number, then have the dealer run it for the code.

Old January 21st 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
rhiinc

Bruce...try www.radio-code.com

Old January 21st 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BRUCE HASKIN

Thanks so much for the info. I did not need to use the info because I
took the car to a dealer. A very nice young man in the service area
said, "let me see if I can find it for you". Sure enough, he came back
in from the car, went to the computer and just like that up came the
number. He then went to the car, "did his magic" and the radio came to
life! (No charge, even theo there is a sign that said they charge $65 if
you don't have your code at time of service) He said, "Have a nice day"
and we went on our way.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I could have used the site you sent had
this not worked.

Thanks to all, Bruce

Old January 21st 07, 01:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Al[_5_]

Did you get the code and put it in a safe place for next time?

Old January 21st 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
BRUCE HASKIN

YES ! :-) I have it locked up in my safe (with no ID on it)

Bruce