EEEK - Ships can now sailf from Europe to North Pole

Old September 20th 06, 06:47 PM posted to alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.gw-bush,alt.nuke.the.usa
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default EEEK - Ships can now sailf from Europe to North Pole

And yet SUV-crazy america still insists global warming is a hoax.
Americans are paranoid conspiracy theorists.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060920...c_060920111816

Scientists shocked as Arctic polar route emerges

Wed Sep 20, 7:18 AM ET

PARIS (AFP) - European scientists voiced shock as they showed pictures
which showed Arctic ice cover had disappeared so much last month that
a ship could sail unhindered from Europe's most northerly outpost to
the North Pole itself.

The satellite images were acquired from August 23 to 25 by instruments
aboard Envisat and EOS Aqua, two satellites operated by the European
Space Agency (ESA).

Perennial sea ice -- thick ice that is normally present year-round and
is not affected by the Arctic summer -- had disappeared over an area
bigger than the British Isles, ESA said.

Vast patches of ice-free sea stretched north of Svalbard, an
archipelago lying midway between Norway and the North Ple, and
extended deep into the Russian Arctic, all the way to the North Pole,
the agency said in a press release.

"This situation is unlike anything observed in previous record low-ice
seasons," said Mark Drinkwater of ESA's Oceans/Ice Unit.

"It is highly imaginable that a ship could have passed from
Spitzbergen or Northern Siberia through what is normally pack ice to
reach the North Pole without difficulty."

(snip)

Old September 20th 06, 09:44 PM posted to alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.gw-bush,alt.nuke.the.usa
morticide

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
<snip>

Food for thought: how about the contribution ships make to global
warming...or aircraft?

Old September 20th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bill Funk

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:47:23 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
MURDERERS > wrote:

>And yet SUV-crazy america still insists global warming is a hoax.
>Americans are paranoid conspiracy theorists.

Right.
First, no one is claiming global warming is a hoax.
The hoax is that the scientists claim they know why it's happening.
The last ice age ended in the 18th century. Scientists don't know why
it stopped (read: why that global warming episode started).
But, despite the fact that they don't know why any global warming
episode happened (there ave been many, one for each ice age), they
claim to know why *this* one is happening.
Sure they do.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old September 21st 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

Bill Funk wrote:

> The last ice age ended in the 18th century.

Really ? !!! And there I was thinking it was thousands of years before.

Goodness me.

Graham

Old September 21st 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Bill Funk

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 00:08:40 +0100, Eeyore
> wrote:

>Bill Funk wrote:
>
>> The last ice age ended in the 18th century.

>Really ? !!! And there I was thinking it was thousands of years before.
>
>Goodness me.
>
>Graham

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

Why not look it up before showing your ass?
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old September 21st 06, 05:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer[_1_]

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), morticide said in
rec.autos.driving:

> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> <snip>
>
> Food for thought: how about the contribution ships make to global
> warming...or aircraft?

Loco Laura is too **** poor to travel by ship (except maybe as a
stowaway) and too ****ing chicken to get on an airplane (most of which
cruise anywhere from 300MPH to 650MPH).

--
"Man, I gotta tip my hat to Whitey...
...That Whitey's a baaad mother ****er!"
Old September 21st 06, 05:44 AM posted to alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.gw-bush,alt.nuke.the.usa

On 20 Sep 2006 13:44:51 -0700, "morticide" > wrote:

>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
><snip>
>
>Food for thought: how about the contribution ships make to global
>warming...or aircraft?

Minute. Global warming is 99% caused by american SUVs.

Old September 21st 06, 05:47 AM posted to alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.gw-bush,alt.nuke.the.usa
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:46:51 -0700, Bill Funk >
wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:47:23 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
>MURDERERS > wrote:
>
>>And yet SUV-crazy america still insists global warming is a hoax.
>>Americans are paranoid conspiracy theorists.

>Right.
>First, no one is claiming global warming is a hoax.
>The hoax is that the scientists claim they know why it's happening.
>The last ice age ended in the 18th century. Scientists don't know why
>it stopped (read: why that global warming episode started).
>But, despite the fact that they don't know why any global warming
>episode happened (there ave been many, one for each ice age), they
>claim to know why *this* one is happening.
>Sure they do.

The last real ice age ended 10,000 or so years ago. That 500 year cold
spell you're referring to was no ice age. Get your facts str8.

Old September 21st 06, 06:26 AM posted to alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.gw-bush,alt.nuke.the.usa
[email protected][_1_]

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On 20 Sep 2006 13:44:51 -0700, "morticide" > wrote:
>

> >Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> ><snip>
> >
> >Food for thought: how about the contribution ships make to global
> >warming...or aircraft?

> Minute. Global warming is 99% caused by american SUVs.

Well, that's why nobody ever listens to global warming scientonn
morons.
Since SUVs were invented in Africa, rather than America,
and their whole purpose is to design aircraft.

Old September 21st 06, 06:28 AM posted to alt.politics.democrats.d,alt.rush-limbaugh,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.gw-bush,alt.nuke.the.usa
Larry in AZ

Waiving the right to remain silent, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS
> said:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:46:51 -0700, Bill Funk >
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:47:23 GMT, Speeders & Drunk Drivers are
>>MURDERERS > wrote:
>>
>>>And yet SUV-crazy america still insists global warming is a hoax.
>>>Americans are paranoid conspiracy theorists.

>>Right.
>>First, no one is claiming global warming is a hoax.
>>The hoax is that the scientists claim they know why it's happening.
>>The last ice age ended in the 18th century. Scientists don't know why
>>it stopped (read: why that global warming episode started).
>>But, despite the fact that they don't know why any global warming
>>episode happened (there ave been many, one for each ice age), they
>>claim to know why *this* one is happening.
>>Sure they do.

> The last real ice age ended 10,000 or so years ago. That 500 year cold
> spell you're referring to was no ice age. Get your facts str8.

Was it caused by SUVs..?

Bwahahaha..!

--
"And idiots begat fools, and fools begat morons, and morons
begat imbeciles, and imbeciles begat dufuses. And then