1990 Miata with 1.6 with shimmy in possibly the driveshaft.

Old September 13th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default 1990 Miata with 1.6 with shimmy in possibly the driveshaft.

pws > wrote in
:

> Call it inseam length or leg length, but if your inseam is 32",
> 34", or 40+ inches, this is going to make a difference in how the
> car fits you.

Nonsense, anyone with a chainsaw can fix leg length.
Old September 13th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

XS11E wrote:
> Pat wrote:
> > Call it inseam length or leg length, but if your inseam is 32",
> > 34", or 40+ inches, this is going to make a difference in how the
> > car fits you.

> Nonsense, anyone with a chainsaw can fix leg length.

Yes, that's true. But it does leaves nasty stains on the carpet and seats.
Although I imagine with the correct upholstery and carpet color, they
wouldn't be as noticeable. <g>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old September 13th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Iva wrote:

> Yes, that's true. But it does leaves nasty stains on the carpet and seats.
> Although I imagine with the correct upholstery and carpet color, they
> wouldn't be as noticeable. <g>
>
> Iva & Belle.)
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 winkin' Miata

The '93 LE might be a good choice.

NOW we are back on topic. Thanks Iva. :-)

Pat
Old September 13th 06, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote in
:

> Iva wrote:
>
>> Yes, that's true. But it does leaves nasty stains on the carpet
>> and seats. Although I imagine with the correct upholstery and
>> carpet color, they wouldn't be as noticeable. <g>
>>
>> Iva & Belle.)
>> '90B Classic Red.)
>> #3 winkin' Miata

> The '93 LE might be a good choice.
>
> NOW we are back on topic. Thanks Iva. :-)

Wanna start a pool as to how long we stay on topic? <GD&R>

Old September 13th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

Pat wrote:
> Iva wrote:
>
> > Yes, that's true. But it does leaves nasty stains on the carpet and

seats.
> > Although I imagine with the correct upholstery and carpet color, they
> > wouldn't be as noticeable. <g>
> >

> The '93 LE might be a good choice.
>
> NOW we are back on topic. Thanks Iva. :-)

Don't know about the LE - isn't it difficult to get blood stains out of
leather? And yes, the blood will match while it's fresh but I'm concerned
that it will be too dark after drying to continue to match.

(Topic? What topic?) <g>

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Old September 13th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

Default Zoo animals

Do these tortoises come in white?

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old September 13th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

Britney has a Miata? Is that what the kid was caught driving awhile ago?

Old September 13th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Remove This" > wrote in

> Do these tortoises come in white?

Yes but nobody can catch them because they're so fast.
Old September 13th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Don Bruder

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> "Remove This" > wrote in
>
> > Do these tortoises come in white?

> Yes but nobody can catch them because they're so fast.

I'd have thought they'd be fairly easy to catch, since the viscosity is
likely pretty high...

ever knowing it arrived. Sorry... <http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd> for more info
Old September 14th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Hughes

pws > wrote in
:

> XS11E wrote:
>
>> I'm 6'4" with a 34" inseam and the Miata fits me perfectly, as if
>> designed specifically for my size. I've driven it on trips of around
>> 400 miles or so and am completely happy with the fit.
>>
>> It's also white, maybe white Miatas fit better as well as being
>> faster? Leon can explain it, I'm sure.

> You have me by 7 inches in height, but only 2 inches on the inseam.
> That means your head is very close to the top when the top is raised.
> If you were built like my friend, who probably has closer to a 38" -
> 40" inseam, (I don't ask guys stuff like that), it would not fit you
> well at all.
>
> I am talking about width as well as height, and leg length means a lot
> with this car.
>
> Pat

Another important factor is how close you prefer to be to the steering
wheel & pedals. I'm 6'2" w/ a 32-34" inseam and I feel like my 94 was
custom-made for me. I don't even have the seat all the way back. If I
put my hands at 10&2, I have probably about a 50 deg bend at the elbows.
My knees also stay "comfortably" bent. This is the most comfortable to
me, tho most people, it seems, would considder this cramped.

I will concur w/ XS11E tho, the newer models don't fit so well. A friend
of mine has an 06, and if I adjust his seat to how I have mine, my right
knee presses up against the dash and my head hits a crossbar in the top.
Moving the seat a notch back and leaning it a notch back gets around
this, but I don't know if I'd every be as comfortable in a new one as I
am in mine.

-Scott

Need help with 1990 4-sale Sean[_2_] Mazda 14 September 11th 06 02:38 AM
1990 Miata - What's a "fair" price? Tom Mazda 13 May 11th 06 04:24 AM
1990 Miata [email protected] Mazda 1 May 10th 06 03:17 AM
question about '91 miata driveshaft pws Mazda 11 December 17th 05 04:57 PM
FA: 1990 miata parts + much more to come - long list, many OEM &aftermarket parts for 1.6 and 1.8 liter M1's pws Mazda 6 August 2nd 05 02:53 AM