Identify this cord on an Intrepid

Old January 25th 05, 03:26 AM

Default Identify this cord on an Intrepid

I have a 1999 Dodge Intrepid with a 2.7L V6. Under the hood on the
passenger side is a cord that looks like a standard electrical cord
with a three prong plug on the end that will plug into a standard
electrical outlet.

I tried to follow the cord, but I can't tell for sure where it goes,
though it does appear to "Y" off when one end snaking up under the air
cleaner and the other dropping down below the engine.

Does anyone know what this is? My first thought was an engine block
heater, but this is not listed on the optional or standard equipment on
the original window sticker.

Thanks,

Jason

Old January 25th 05, 02:24 PM
David

It's the cord for the block heater. It is standard equipment for cars in
Canada, and most of the United states. When the weather gets cold ( below
freezing) you plug it into an electrical outlet to keep your block from
freezing solid.

ups.com...

Old January 25th 05, 07:18 PM
undrwears

generally it wont freeze solid, but it does keep the engine relativly warm
so that the next morning the engine is not so cold when starting. (reducing
the amount of damage from a very cold morning start)

Old January 25th 05, 07:33 PM
maxpower

Block heater
ups.com...