tsw usb upgrade

Old July 10th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jim C

Default tsw usb upgrade

Anybody upgrade their older TSW to the new usb digital curcuit board? I'm
curious if you see a significant diference. I'm using the rocketfire
adapter at the moment.

Old July 11th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Don D

The best thing I ever did to my sim racing.seems like the internal parts
were changed.I also went to a 13in. wheel.think i had a 10in
k.net...

Old July 12th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Gary Robinson

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:11:28 GMT, "Jim C" >
wrote:

>Anybody upgrade their older TSW to the new usb digital curcuit board? I'm
>curious if you see a significant diference. I'm using the rocketfire
>adapter at the moment.

I upgraded to the new TSW USB device (replacing my old Rockfire) last
year. Exceptional performance gained. The resolution is MUCH better
than the Rockfire.

You wont be disappointed.
Good luck.

-GaryR
Old July 17th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Glen Pittman

I will answer your question based on my experiences Uwe. I currently have
an ECCI 6000GTS and get 1003 steps on the gas and clutch. I get 864 on the
brake.

I still have my TSW2 with a PlasmaLite V1 card, and I get about 160 steps
max on the throttle, with no more than 180 on any of them. This is with the
pots that TSW recommended with their USB Board. I know the new V2 boards
support a max of 10 bit resolution (1024 steps max) so it should be much
better.

My Old Red Original Logitech had 256 steps I think, and the Red Momo had the
same IIRC.

I used the rockfire for a while, and remember it having only approx 50 steps
for the steering input. It was far from smooth.

The real shame is that I haven't been one bit faster with any of them :-)
I will admit though that the ECCI has made me a much smoother driver, if
only I could learn to practice, and to concentrate on my driving now.

Glen Pittman