2000 INTREPID...clicks

Old November 20th 04, 06:46 PM
Salguod Sretlaw

Default 2000 INTREPID...clicks

I have a 2000 dodge intrepid w 140,000 miles / oil changes every 3000
miles or so from day one.... While driving the other day wife hears some
"Clicking" (of course she dont know where from or cant explain it better
than saying "some clicks") she lowes the radio to listen & the noise
went away...so she keeps driving.. then 5 minutes later she hears more
clicks & car dies... I did the basics and found the battery to be good
and when u turn the key all u get is a "CLICK"... Any ideas on a problem
or better yet ..what should i check B4 i pay alot of money on something
simple???

PS: Car & Motor Drive always ran good w NO Problems B4 this HELP

Old November 20th 04, 08:34 PM
deadbeat

Could be your starter.

Old November 20th 04, 08:34 PM
deadbeat

Old November 20th 04, 11:26 PM
LameBMX

Salguod Sretlaw wrote:

> I have a 2000 dodge intrepid w 140,000 miles / oil changes every 3000
> miles or so from day one.... While driving the other day wife hears some
> "Clicking" (of course she dont know where from or cant explain it better
> than saying "some clicks") she lowes the radio to listen & the noise
> went away...so she keeps driving.. then 5 minutes later she hears more
> clicks & car dies... I did the basics and found the battery to be good
> and when u turn the key all u get is a "CLICK"... Any ideas on a problem
> or better yet ..what should i check B4 i pay alot of money on something
> simple???
>
> PS: Car & Motor Drive always ran good w NO Problems B4 this HELP

ummm try swapping out the battery with a known good one from a friends
... may be a dead cell and dead cells sometimes test good. cheap quick test
Old November 20th 04, 11:26 PM
LameBMX

Old November 21st 04, 12:50 AM
maxpower

what does a starter or battery have to do with "driving the other day wife
hears some clicking noise"? starter is not being used when she is driving
the car.... battery??? dont think so either... But when you state a click
trying to start the car could be that.... is there 2 problems??? what are
you trying to say..is this just a no start problem??

Old November 21st 04, 12:50 AM
maxpower

Old November 21st 04, 07:20 AM
LameBMX

maxpower wrote:
> what does a starter or battery have to do with "driving the other day wife
> hears some clicking noise"? starter is not being used when she is driving
> the car.... battery??? dont think so either... But when you state a click
> trying to start the car could be that.... is there 2 problems??? what are
> you trying to say..is this just a no start problem??
> "LameBMX" > wrote in message
>
>>Salguod Sretlaw wrote:
>>

>>>I have a 2000 dodge intrepid w 140,000 miles / oil changes every 3000
>>>miles or so from day one.... While driving the other day wife hears some
>>>"Clicking" (of course she dont know where from or cant explain it better
>>>than saying "some clicks") she lowes the radio to listen & the noise
>>>went away...so she keeps driving.. then 5 minutes later she hears more
>>>clicks & car dies... I did the basics and found the battery to be good
>>>and when u turn the key all u get is a "CLICK"... Any ideas on a problem
>>>or better yet ..what should i check B4 i pay alot of money on something
>>>simple???
>>>
>>>PS: Car & Motor Drive always ran good w NO Problems B4 this HELP
>>>

>>ummm try swapping out the battery with a known good one from a friends
>>.. may be a dead cell and dead cells sometimes test good. cheap quick test

true that im just talkin about the "I did the basics and found the
battery to be good and when u turn the key all u get is a "CLICK"... Any
ideas on a problem
or better yet" .... hand an alero that got the starter replaced when it
was a dead cell in the battery ...
(ps it would help to find the clicking if it started)
Old November 21st 04, 07:20 AM
LameBMX

Old November 21st 04, 01:52 PM
maxpower

If you heard a clickng noise and the car dies later, and now wont turn over,
That doesnt mean the engine is blown up, it could be the water pump/timing
belt/ or anything else failed and just will not turn over, ask your wife did
the engine overheat first?, you still need to give more info on your
problem. what engine is in this? and please post to the room not my e mail,
there are alot of people that read these that may have had simular problems
that can help you
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

2000 Dodge Intrepid PCM Darrick Dodge 0 July 12th 04 02:20 PM
Intrepid AC Bill Dodge 6 July 3rd 04 02:14 AM