NOT go for the 8C ??????

Old September 24th 04, 07:01 PM
Pete

Default NOT go for the 8C ??????

>In the Dutch magazine Autovisie of last week, it was said that
>Alfa/Fiat/Ferrari management would have decided to NOT go for the 8C!!!
>The car would do too much harm to maserati at this moment and they would
>prefer building up Maserati's image first and keep Alfa for the soewhat
>lower range.
>Too bad!!
>
>--
>Ciao from Holland
>AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

I hope that this is not the decision. What else have I to live for?
I will have to buy a different marque :-(

Maybe an MG/Rover <ROFLOL>

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old September 24th 04, 08:17 PM
SteveH

Pete > wrote:

> >In the Dutch magazine Autovisie of last week, it was said that
> >Alfa/Fiat/Ferrari management would have decided to NOT go for the 8C!!!
> >The car would do too much harm to maserati at this moment and they would
> >prefer building up Maserati's image first and keep Alfa for the soewhat
> >lower range.
> >Too bad!!
> >
> >--
> >Ciao from Holland
> >AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

> I hope that this is not the decision. What else have I to live for?
> I will have to buy a different marque :-(
>
> Maybe an MG/Rover <ROFLOL>

http://www.sniffpetrol.com/AdMGZT.jpg

I could be persuaded ;-)
VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso - COSOC KOTL
Old September 24th 04, 08:44 PM
Zathras

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 19:01:45 +0100, > wrote:

<snip>
>Maybe an MG/Rover <ROFLOL>

After an Alfa, I couldn't hack the reliability! The latest (don't ask)
thing to go wrong with a mate's MG Rover is the driver's seat had to
be replaced as the old one broke off its frame!! It has been
absolutely comical and sad to compare my reliable Alfa with his truly
awful MG Rover.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old September 25th 04, 10:44 AM
Martin Smarda

"Pete" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I hope that this is not the decision. What else have I to live for?
> I will have to buy a different marque :-(

In an interview in the newest Autorevue (Austrian) Fiat-Boss Herbert Demel
implied that there WILL be the 8C.

> Maybe an MG/Rover <ROFLOL>

Why not?

--
lg, Martin
www.desmodue.net

Old September 25th 04, 10:46 AM
Martin Smarda

"Zathras" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> After an Alfa, I couldn't hack the reliability! The latest (don't ask)
> thing to go wrong with a mate's MG Rover is the driver's seat had to
> be replaced as the old one broke off its frame!! It has been
> absolutely comical and sad to compare my reliable Alfa with his truly
> awful MG Rover.

This was a regular issue with the First-generation Audi A3,
so MG Rover must be a "premium" brand

--
lg, Martin
www.desmodue.net

Old September 25th 04, 06:10 PM
Pete

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:44:45 +0200, "Martin Smarda" >,
wrote:

>"Pete" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .

>> I hope that this is not the decision. What else have I to live for?
>> I will have to buy a different marque :-(

>In an interview in the newest Autorevue (Austrian) Fiat-Boss Herbert Demel
>implied that there WILL be the 8C.

Well I live a little longer in hope then :-)
>> Maybe an MG/Rover <ROFLOL>

>Why not?

Other than the blindingly obvious fact that it is not an Alfa?
For a start I would have to leave this group :-(
What else would I find to do with my time?

I would have to change my email address :-)
The wife would have to change her car and her email address.
Then we would have to get rid of the Alfa Team jackets, and with winter
coming on we need the extra warmth :-) We would not get the lovely letters
from AROC etc., so there wouldn't be any mail except bills :-(

I don't look good in a flat-cap.

It is bad enough that I have had to get rid of the Yamaha FZR &
I know that you all think that I am far too old, but my ego just could not
take the stress of owning any car named after a dog.

Pete