GM problems

Old March 27th 05, 11:04 PM

Default GM problems

What is up with the GM styling and design team. Ford and Chrysler are
pulling away. I am a GM junkie but I find myself always looking back
at the "good ole days" instead of the present. Other than the Corvette
the Chevy line up is weak. It seems as though the bean counters have
left Ford and taken up residence at GM.

Maybe they will wake up and realize that most people want well made
and good looking cars. That will answer the question of why they
aren't selling the cars that they currently are producing. For the
love - I find myself considering a new Mustang.

Rick
73 LS4 vert
Old March 27th 05, 11:55 PM
CardsFan

> wrote in message
news
> What is up with the GM styling and design team. Ford and Chrysler are
> pulling away. I am a GM junkie but I find myself always looking back
> at the "good ole days" instead of the present. Other than the Corvette
> the Chevy line up is weak. It seems as though the bean counters have
> left Ford and taken up residence at GM.

Yeah, the 500, the Freestyle, the Focus - those are really exotic. And that
retro T-Bird was so hot they couldn't keep 'em in stock.

> Maybe they will wake up and realize that most people want well made
> and good looking cars. That will answer the question of why they
> aren't selling the cars that they currently are producing. For the
> love - I find myself considering a new Mustang.

Which is about all they'd have going for them right now if it wasn't for the
F-150.

Ford isn't GM's problem - the imports are. That and their bloated executive
ranks, and labor contracts that the market can't support anymore.

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old March 28th 05, 12:43 AM
StingRay

"CardsFan" > wrote in message
> > wrote in message
> news
>> What is up with the GM styling and design team. Ford and Chrysler are
>> pulling away. I am a GM junkie but I find myself always looking back
>> at the "good ole days" instead of the present. Other than the Corvette
>> the Chevy line up is weak. It seems as though the bean counters have
>> left Ford and taken up residence at GM.

> Yeah, the 500, the Freestyle, the Focus - those are really exotic. And
> that
> retro T-Bird was so hot they couldn't keep 'em in stock.

LMAO! You hit the nail on the head.

Old March 28th 05, 04:09 AM

The GT is exotic. GT 40 that is.

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:55:55 -0500, "CardsFan"

Old March 28th 05, 02:15 PM
CardsFan

> wrote in message

> The GT is exotic. GT 40 that is.

For crying out loud, for 140 grand, it had better be, huh???

Oh, and nice top-post. *PLONK*

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old March 28th 05, 04:47 PM
Dad

"CardsFan" > wrote in message

> > wrote in message
>
>> The GT is exotic. GT 40 that is.

> For crying out loud, for 140 grand, it had better be, huh???
>
> Oh, and nice top-post. *PLONK*
>
> AJM
> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Now if you were going to spend money like that, try the Grand Sport replicar
and kick the neighbors GT40's ass with a 700 HP big block..
http://www.fastcorvette.com/SpecsPrices.htm

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old March 29th 05, 03:40 AM

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 10:47:00 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:

>"CardsFan" > wrote in message
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>
>>> The GT is exotic. GT 40 that is.

>> For crying out loud, for 140 grand, it had better be, huh???
>>
>> Oh, and nice top-post. *PLONK*
>>
>> AJM
>> '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

>Now if you were going to spend money like that, try the Grand Sport replicar
>and kick the neighbors GT40's ass with a 700 HP big block..
>http://www.fastcorvette.com/SpecsPrices.htm

You're right - the GT40 is 140 large. I can only dream of getting a
car like that. The point is that Ford stepped out and brought back a
modern day version of a legendary race car. It is in an exclusive
club. I probably will never be able to own one, but if given the
choice between that and a replica of a Grand Sport the GT gets my
pick. Now if it was a REAL GS it would obviously be a different story.

Old March 29th 05, 04:58 AM
Dad

> wrote in message
>>Now if you were going to spend money like that, try the Grand Sport
>>replicar
>>and kick the neighbors GT40's ass with a 700 HP big block..
>>http://www.fastcorvette.com/SpecsPrices.htm

> You're right - the GT40 is 140 large. I can only dream of getting a
> car like that. The point is that Ford stepped out and brought back a
> modern day version of a legendary race car. It is in an exclusive
> club. I probably will never be able to own one, but if given the
> choice between that and a replica of a Grand Sport the GT gets my
> pick. Now if it was a REAL GS it would obviously be a different story.

Tell me the difference between the hand build Ford and the hand built Grand
sport? Both will be an exclusive club populated by hand built replicars. By
the way the REAL GS was a hand built race car as were the Fords. The point
is that they were both bitch'n cars but both hand built and it's the only
way they will be produced in this day and age. Myself I'd take a nice
Studebaker over a factory hand built Ford at that price. Yes, I own a Ford
but I'm not a fan of factory hand built rip-offs, Ford or otherwise.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old March 29th 05, 05:21 AM
Bob G

point
>is that they were both bitch'n cars but both hand built and it's the only
>way they will be produced in this day and age. Myself I'd take a nice
>Studebaker over a factory hand built Ford at that price. Yes, I own a Ford
>but I'm not a fan of factory hand built rip-offs, Ford or otherwise.

You know they still make the Avanti.... However I think they changed
from the Camaro/firebird chassis to a FORD Mustang last year or
so......not sure .. Reason of course is the lack of new Cameros
etc... and I do not know what is now under the hood...

Fellow Corvette Club members owns a 2002 Convertible LS1 under the
hood...darn nice car ...

Bob Griffiths
Old March 29th 05, 02:24 PM
lab~rat

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:58:54 -0500, "Dad" > puked:

> wrote in message
.. .
>>>Now if you were going to spend money like that, try the Grand Sport
>>>replicar
>>>and kick the neighbors GT40's ass with a 700 HP big block..
>>>http://www.fastcorvette.com/SpecsPrices.htm

>> You're right - the GT40 is 140 large. I can only dream of getting a
>> car like that. The point is that Ford stepped out and brought back a
>> modern day version of a legendary race car. It is in an exclusive
>> club. I probably will never be able to own one, but if given the
>> choice between that and a replica of a Grand Sport the GT gets my
>> pick. Now if it was a REAL GS it would obviously be a different story.
>>

>Tell me the difference between the hand build Ford and the hand built Grand
>sport? Both will be an exclusive club populated by hand built replicars. By
>the way the REAL GS was a hand built race car as were the Fords. The point
>is that they were both bitch'n cars but both hand built and it's the only
>way they will be produced in this day and age. Myself I'd take a nice
>Studebaker over a factory hand built Ford at that price. Yes, I own a Ford
>but I'm not a fan of factory hand built rip-offs, Ford or otherwise.

Can you drive the GT 40 on the street? That GS replica isn't street
legal.

--
lab~rat >:-)
The less you care, the more it doesn't matter.